Friday, April 05, 2013

spring bride...


Good morning everyone I hope you had a fabulous week and have something even more fabulous planned for the weekend...now heres a little tale about the sign of our times...I was sitting on the sofa in our living room minding my own business when out of the corner of my eye I spied a couple of young fellas maybe about 11 or 12 hanging around next door and they were looking around and just about to head up next doors path...so being the good neighbour that I am (pauses to shine halo lol)...I peeped through my blinds to make sure they knew that someone knew they were there...they turned around quickly but then jumped on next doors wall and started walking back and forwards along it with me watching...then to my great surprise they started making rude gestures and ranting, raving and swearing (very loudly as I could hear them through double glazing) at me...which took me and a little old lady walking on the other side of the street by total surprise...this went on for a few minutes then I decided to go to the front door to say something to them...of course they ran off but came back after I went in and started again this time on our wall...this happened a few times until I decided to just ignore them to see if they would go away...they did of course eventually but came back two times in the evening to start again, Phil was home by then and they got the shock of their lives and quickly ran off when he went out to them...when I was growing up I wouldn't have dared do anything like that never mind stand shouting and swearing at an adult, my Daughter was taught good manners too...were you the same?, whatever happened to good manners and respect, I truly despair for our youth when parents don't even teach them these basics...aaaaarrrrrggghhhhhh...rant over...well for now anyway lol...right now I have come off my soap box I will get on with my card for today...how stunningly beautiful is this new CC Designs stamp...this is the lush Mashi's Muffins Engaged, I coloured her with my usual distress inks...I teamed her up with these gorgeous new Carta Bella - Cool Summer 6x6 Paper Pad...aren't these the perfect colour combo...I finished my card with a bow made with some Organza Ribbon - Dusky Pink (25mm Wide) and a flower from the Prima Flowers Perle Bebe - Sun Kiss pack, everything I used is from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the fab sketch is from the Seems a Little Sketchy Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Stamptacular Sunday challenge and The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Challenge too...I'm off out to town with our beautiful Daughter today for a girlie days shopping and lunch...whatever your up to today watch out for cheeky wee teenagers lol
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
slom - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - antique linen, frayed burlap
veil - spun sugar
dress - pumice stone, spun sugar, tumbled glass, peeled paint
garter - spun sugar, tumbled glass
flowers - tumbled glass, peeled paint

15 comments:

Anne said...

Morning Mina:)
Love this little cutie, especialy that garter. What a fun image.
Have a smashing weekend
Anne x

Mojca said...

Waw the card is just gorgeous, especially the image is so darling!!! Well I am not at all surprised by the behavior of the young ones today ... I really blame parents and permissive education .. but really if you look at it in that way we can blame just our society that doesn't do nothing to change that. I am a young person and I would be shocked, I hope it didn't hit you as much. Hugs! Mojca

Deborah said...

Oh, what a cute card is that!!! Love the image :-)makes me smile ;-)
hugs, Deborah

heidy said...

Fabolous card Mina!!
XXX Heidy

Dianne said...

Your absolutly right, kids these days sadly aren't taught not to be rude and if they are they don't show it to their friends.. anyway.. Your card fabulous, love the background and she is colored soooooo beautifully, your cards always make me feel so good, thanks for sharing sweety and have a wonderful teenage free day:):)..

mags said...

Gorgeous card Mina. Lovely image and colours.
Would have loved to have seen the lad's faces when Phil went out. You are right though, too many youngsters have no manners and respect.
Mags
x

Jane said...

oooh-la-la...cheeky card x

KandA said...

Such a gorgous card Mina. Super papers and such a cute image xx

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.i love your pretty colours and really sweet image :D
glad you got rid of the rude youngsters, as i was taught and as i have taught my son, manners cost nothing, use them.

xx coops xx

Pam said...

Beautiful spring colors on your card. Very sweet design. Love the bow and white flower.

Thank you so very much for playing with us in this week’s Spring Fever Challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! So very happy that you could join us this week.
:) Pam

paper fun said...

Great card. Love your sweet image and awesome coloring.

What a bad experience you had this morning. I hope you have ween the last of those boys.

Thanks for joining us at Seems a Little Sketchy.

Mari

karalschuknecht said...

This is just too cute.
Kaal

alethea said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the papers and the image! HUgsxx

alethea said...

What a cute card! Love the papers you have used! Thanks for joining us at SALS! HUgsxx

Sarah said...

A gorgeous Spring themed card Mina!

Thanks for joining the Pretty LIttle Ribbon Shop challenge.

Sarah x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...