Wednesday, April 03, 2013

can you ever have too many spring flowers?...


Good morning everyone and yes its finally here...well at least on paper anyway lol...there's me ranting on about technology yesterday and guess what I got...a Samsung Galaxy tablet lol...oooohhhhhh I so love a new gadget but I promise (my hand is on my heart as I type) I will not be playing with it in coffee shops unless I'm all alone and need to look busy and not like Billy-no-mates lol...the sun was actually shining for our last day of Phil's holiday yesterday so we decided to head for the coast...well that was the plan until we saw the three mile long traffic jam of people who thought the same thing...well I guess great minds think alike...ok now onto my card for today and its for our new challenge at Crafts and Me Challenge, this time the choice of theme was mine and I chose Spring Flowers...yes I'm an optimist lol...I chose to use the beautiful Hannah Lynn's Daffodil Springs from Crafts and Me for my card...there's nothing that says spring like Daffodils is there?, btw did you hear because of the weather there apparently a shortage of Daffodils and come to think of it there aren't the usual clumps on the verges that there usually is...that's a shame isn't it?...I coloured her with distress inks and used some papers from a Christmas pad would you believe...they are from the Kaisercraft Turtle Dove paper pad I bought ages ago from Bunny Zoe's Crafts for my card and finished with a tag from the same pad, a scattering of spring flowers, some punched leaves and a gorgeous Cosmic Green/Gold Glitter Ribbon-25mm from Crafts and Me made into a bow, this is gorgeous glittery twinkling ribbon and it holds its shape beautifully...the fab sketch is from the Sketch Saturday Challenge and I'm also entering it for the The Crafty Bloggers Network challenge and the Creative Creations Challenge too...I'm having a crafting day today as my lovely Phil is back at work and I have some spare time, boy those Husbands keep you busy when they are on holiday don't they lol...whatever your up to today have a fantastic one and if you have time pop on over to the Crafts and Me Challenge to check out the rest of our DT's makes...they are lush
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - black soot
eyes - milled lavender
outfit - punice stone, milled lavender
daffodils - scattered straw, antique linen, shabby shutters, bundled sage
shading in background - stormy sky

21 comments:

Loopylou. said...

Morning Mina!!
omg this is just so sweet hun and I love those colours
huge hugs Lou xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

A beautiful card, Mina! Hugs, Lesley

My'scardcorner said...

This is so lovely Mina
Myrax

rachel said...

stunning card Mina - this image is such a dream to colour xx

Squirrel x said...

Bea-u-ti-ful Mina! Although I would challenge her to be dressed like that here this morning, brrrrrr. Such a joyous card. Have fun with the tablet sweetie, I can't leave my new phone (Galaxy Mini) alone, as Toad will testify. Hugs Sxx

Dianne said...

Dear Mina, you famed this fabulously, and the image is colored to perfection. I believe you will never lose the proper edicate of conversation, have a fabulous creative day, big hugs...

Dotty Jo said...

Totally beautiful - so glad that spring has at least arrived in cardland! Jo x

Mojca said...

oh this is breathtaking! such gorgeous image and I love the pretty bow. Hugs! Mojca

Sonia said...

Just gorgeous card and so elegant image dearest Mina^_^
I celebrate my first blogaversary with a surprise candy and if you want partecipate I'm very happy^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Mina! I love the sunny yellows you used for the striking image!

mags said...

This is lovely Mina and such lovely spring colours.
Mags
x

Chrissy said...

She is beautiful Mina, gorgeous colouring and love the spring flowers...very pretty.

Luv CHRISSYxx

rosie said...

gorgeous Mina. fab colours. love love love the flowers x

Lisa Jane said...

the answer is nope.. i just love the daffodils
Lisa x

coops said...

so stunning mina,beautiful spring colours and flowers and i love this image too :D

xx coops xx

Renee B. said...

Beautiful Mina! I love daffodils...we are travelling in California at the moment & the hills are covered in wild poppies, lupines & daffodils...it's stunning to see them in such masses!
Hugs, Renee

Riet said...

ohhh Mina,What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Flutterby Trina said...

simply stunning! Thanks for joining us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'easter/spring' challenge - remember you can enter up to three times! Good Luck and hope to see you again soon :) x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning image Mina and so beautifully coloured! Love the dark hair. Gorgeous paper and I'm loving those daffodil blooms! Hugs, Wends xxx

Sylvia said...

Wonderful card, love the image and the lovely daffodils. Thank you for joining us for the Crafty Bloggers Network challenge.

Sylvia xx
Design Team

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Card i love daffodils and you know spring is here when you see them everywhere. Thanks for joining us at creative creations challenges this week. Anita. X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...