Sunday, May 27, 2012

beware of the 'tidying up' monster...

Good morning everyone, I hope your all having a fantastic weekend and having some fun...we had to get a taxi to Town after four hours yesterday to get our car after its service and that was on top of the huge massive service bill (I was just thinking how much I could buy with it lol), had a little mooch round Town and a coffee with my Dad then headed home to pick up some rays...so off I go to get all the 'stuff' that's needed for a few hours in the sun, you know the type of things, sunglasses, lotion, something to read, drink, nibble on and of course my ipod, but it was out of charge...now I want you to all ask the men in your life to figure this one out for me, I have three handbags, a navy suede one, a large massive black leather one with a funky black and white interior and my everyday leather shoulder bag, now I knew my charger was in the big black leather one as that's the one I take away with me so I leave it in there...I hunted up and down, in cupboards and everywhere I can think of but no bag, my other was where it should be in the bottom of the wardrobe and my everyday one in the kitchen...it had me totally puzzled...so I went outside to ask Phil if he had seen it...'oh I was having a little tidy when I was putting some of my stuff away and I think I put it in the attic' he says?????????....now why on earth would any man move his wife's handbag to the attic lol...figure that one out....right now onto my card for today, how fantastic is this image from D'Arcy's Diaries...she is called Swedish Star Student and I think shes perfect for a teachers card don't you...I coloured her with distress inks and used these beautiful papers from the Prima 6x6" Paper Pad - Almanac, I love Prima papers don't you, the designs are fabulous and the papers have a real vintage feel to them, I bought this pad from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...I finished my card with a lush cream satin ribbon and bow, a few pearls and a violin charm...the fab sketch is from the Cards & Things Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Totally Gorjuss (the stamp is new) and the Inky Impressions challenge too...its our Daughters birthday today and we have a fab present for her, I'm so excited about giving it to her but I will tell your more about it tomorrow just in case, she doesn't read my blog and really doesn't like my cards that much either (I know what a cheek eh lol) but you never know do you...whatever your up to today have a fantastic one and watch out for the 'tidying up' monster lol
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - frayed burlap
clothes and hat - antique linen, tattered rose
books - scattered straw, antique linen, shabby shutters, tattered rose, stormy sky & bundled sage

30 comments:

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, love the soft colours and the guitar charm :o)
Jackie xx

June Nelson said...

Good morning Mina, this is stunning, I love your subtelty with colour, your sooooo good at it, I love this muchly my freind enjoy the sunshine over there huggies June xxx

chrilvian said...

oooo what a lovely card, love the colorcombo

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fab image Mina and love the gorgeous papers, bow and charm! My husband know better than to touch my handbags lol and I do have rather a lot of them!! Hugs Susan x

My'scardcorner said...

This si so pretty Mina lovely pastel colours and love the guitar charm. Had to laugh over the handbag incident Men honestly. Enjoy your day and Happy Birthday to your daughter.
Myrax

tilly said...

love the pastel look of your card, have a good day with the sun and your daughter, not toooo much cake lol.....It makes me wonder.... what else in the loft that you dont know about yet lol???
Tilly

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card. Love the pastel colours and the sweet image. Would love to know what paper you use for water colouring. Had to laugh at Phil storing away your bag. My friend's husband retired and rearranged all the groceries in the cupboards in alphabetical order.

Doreen said...

A gorgeous creation..love the image and fab papers.xxx

Nannieflash said...

Oh Mina that is stunning, and yes I love those papers to they are so classy, your colouring as always is gorgeous.
Dont ask me why hubbys do things they shouldnt but they certainly do. I hope you daughter has a lovely birthday and loves what youve bought for her. By the way my daughters arnt to keen on my cards either, they say they are to fussy, but my granddaughters do love them and my grandsons. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Colinda said...

Beautiful card!! Love the papers, they're on my desk but i haven't done anything with them yet. What a sweet little boy card you made yesterday! Congratulations with you're daughters birthday. Enjoy, Colinda

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love the muted colours!
Men are strange creatures aren't they... lol

Marja Sch said...

Wow such awonderful card and happy birthday to your daugther. Hugs marja

Tammy said...

No one can explain the mind of a man! Just be glad he remembered putting it in the attic! Love your card as always, gorgeous image and the little charm is perfect.

Lisa Jane said...

The tidy up monster was here today!! I am making a project that calls for something i bought last year. It was in a certain place for longerr than i care to remember so i thought i could put my hands straight on it ... nope .. the tidy up monster aka my fiance had moved it... took me an hour to figure out where he had put it as he is at work!! so couldn't ask him.. not that he would remember!
Anyway .. i found it lol... but wasted all that essential crafting time !
LOvely card .. gorgeous colours
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Nice Image!

Congratulations with the birthday of your daughter!

Mau xx said...

What a fab card Mina, love the image and that ribbon is so scrummy!
Now to the tidy fairy...oops sorry Phil that came out totally wrong...lol
Why would you put Mina's bag in the attic???I hope you haven't been trying it for size :O
Huge Hugs Mau xx
Happy Birthday to tthe Lucky girl xxxxxx

Bernie said...

Beautiful card, Mina! I love the soft colors and of course your beautiful coloring.
I never thought your bag would turn up in the attic. Thank heavens Phil remembered where he put it. Happy birthday to your daughter.
Hugs

Sandi said...

you certainly enabled me on this one, even before commenting here I had to go over and secure this digi, I am an avid reader and love making bookmarks for myself and others, what a perfect focal point this one is, I love your colors and details, thanks so much for sharing, hugs

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Mina...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

crafty-stamper said...

I have a tidying up monster always doing it but the attic now that is a new one--lol
Beautiful card and love the image and your bow hope your daughter had a good birthday
carol x

Jo said...

Lovely card, Mina....think i'm a bit like that tidy up monster - eeek!
Wishing your Daughter a very Happy Birthday!
Hugs Jo x

mags said...

Gorgeous card Mina. The image is lovely and gorgeous papers used. Love the little charm. Your poor bag, my hubby knows better than to touch my bags lol.
Mags
x

coops said...

wow this is fabulous mina.loving the gorgeous image and colours the charm is fab :D
i hope your daughter has had a good birthday :D

xx coops xx

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card.

hugs
Jayne
x

Kerry said...

Beautiful card love the pretty girl image & papers are very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Kerry

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Gorgeous card Mina, the image is so cute!
Hugs Jacqueline

franzesjoi said...

beautiful card!!!!!! love the sweet image and cutie violin.. :) love it!!!

Debbie said...

Adorable image and papers Mina.The charm is stunning.Hope you're okay.Hugs Debbie x

Tindaloo said...

lovely card & image ~ fantastic bow! :)

XxJULESxX said...

oh love it!! another wow factor card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...