Saturday, May 26, 2012

feeling hot hot hot...

Good morning everyone are you all enjoying the weather or melting yet lol...its really not a good idea going shopping on the hottest day of the year when the stores haven't quite sorted out if they should have heating or air con on yet...we were having a fantastic day wandering round doing the girlie stuff yesterday, loved make up shopping as its great to do that with another woman isn't it but then we went into a dress shop to look at some we had seen in the window and omg it must have 35 degrees in there, it just washed over me like a sickness and I could feel myself going, we had to dash outside as my Daughter said I changed colour and she thought I was going to pass out (I didn't tell her I thought I was going to too lol)...fair enough that they don't have the air con but at least open a door or two...the poor girls that worked there looked terrible in that heat, I really felt for them...we had lunch then sat in our town square for a while nattering...fantastic day, I think the older our Daughter gets the better shopping trips are, long gone are the days of dashing from shop to shop with a stroppy teenager who cant find anything that fits, or doesn't make her look fat (yeah right like a size 10 is fat) or hates something because I picked it...thank goodness they are over too lol...right now onto my card for today, I love this fantastic Bubbles Boy from Mo's Digital Pencil don't you, his little face is so adorable, definitely a Mo's face isnt it, I coloured him with distress inks and used this amazing paper from My Minds eye Lil Robots range, I love this collection it has such lush colours and is brilliant for boys cards of all ages...I finished my card with some ribbons, a double knot, buttons and a couple of cogs cut from the paper...the lush sketch is from Dutch Dare challenge and I'm also entering it for the Chocolate, Coffee & Cards challenge and the Fairytale challenge...I'm not sure what we are up to today as the car is in for a service from early but hopefully will be out by 1pm because I still need to get a couple of things for our Daughters Birthday tomorrow...whatever your up to today have a fantastic one and watch out for the 'hot' shops
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
shorts - shabby shutters
t shirt - pumice stone, stormy sky
shoes - shabby shutter, stormy sky
bubbles - tumbled glass

24 comments:

Catherine said...

This is so cute, love the addition of the buttons....

arjette said...

This is such a cute card, it looks so sweet!!

gr. arjette

mixamatoasties said...

So cute Mina. Fab card.

Have a great weekend. Xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What an adorable card Mina! Love how you cut the cogs from the paper! Hugs Susan x

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card Mina, as always :o)
I'm afraid I am one of the few who can't wait for it to cool down again, I am not a happy bunny when the temperatue geta above 20C :o(
Jackie xx

Doreen said...

A gorgeous creation,and a beautifully coloured image.xxx

rachel said...

so cute Mina - love the cool summery colours you've chosen for the image - he's just fab! Hugs Rachel xx

My'scardcorner said...

This is a cute image Mina and love what youve done with it a nice touch with the buttons and two coloured ribbon.Im off shopping with my daughter today and know what you mean about those shops you just want out. Enjoy your day.
Myrax

Irene said...

YEAH MIna, it's HOT HOT HOT, luckily we have some wind since yesterday because it was almost to much!!!! But anything better than rain and the garden is picture perfect so no complaining from this end!!!!
Shopping or crafting? NO WAY!!!! Everything on old here LOL!!!
Your card and image are adorable, this is FUN No. 1 for my little cousin at the moment!!!!

Hugs, Irene

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous image Mina, fab colouring, just love him...very pretty papers and love the buttons too...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa Jane said...

Oh its far too hot for me .. and goodness knows how hot it will be in Mcdonalds today where my daughter is working... i just hope she isn't on chips!!
Love the cute little image - fab colours
Lisa x

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is adorable. We have had it hot here in the US too. We have a marathon that was scaled back to only be a half because it is predicted to be very humid and there was a race were many people had difficulties in another city the other weekend. Stay safe and hydrated.

Tammy said...

Babies are wonderful but there is a lot to be said about enjoying the company of adult children! Today's card is adorable! Love the precious image!

Carla S. said...

This is adorable, Mina! Love the bright colors and darling image! Wonderful coloring, as always! Have a nice weekend!

coops said...

so adorable mina.he is a gorgeous image and i love your fab bright colours :D

xx coops xx

Renee B. said...

Such a cute card Mina! Glad you are having hot weather because it's freezing here in Manitoba! This morning it is sunny but only
6 degrees C. Brrr! Hope the heat arrives soon!
Hugs,
Renee

Anonymous said...

Very cute card !
Have a nice weekend.

DistinctiveLMNts said...

Yes,I know the feeling ,super hot one day cool the next. I too have an older daughter( 32 & 26) and I so enjoy them (now, lol)too
Your card is darling and beautifully colored. Thanks for playing at Dutch Dare.
Lisa :)

Bernie said...

Fabulous card Mina! Lovely image so beautifully colored. Makes me miss the days when a bottle of bubbles would keep the kids entertained for an afternoon.
Hugs

Jude said...

So cute. Lovely colours Mina.

Hugs
Judex

June Nelson said...

Mina this is gorgeous and he si sjust so cute darlin love your colour combo hun huggies June xxxxxxxxxxx

Jenny said...

Oh, das ist eine tolle,farbenfrohe Karte.Toll.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. Liebe Grüße.

Janine - Ellabella said...

Woooowww what a sweet card! Love it!

Debbie said...

So cute Mina.Hugs Debbie x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...