Thursday, May 10, 2012

dont say I didnt warn you...

Good morning everyone I hope your all well...thank you all so so much for all your lovely messages yesterday, full of encouragement they really made me feel like I had made the right decisions...I had a fantastic night last night just surfing along and blogging and really enjoying just reading your blogs, I noticed a few people have been joining in with a before and after challenge to show an old piece of work, so I had a look at some of my older ones (the worst ones from the very beginning are long gone thank goodness) the ones that are left are pretty bad mind,so I will give you all a good laugh and have a play along I think...I had a brill afternoon with my lovely Dad yesterday we did a bit of shopping, had coffee had a bit of a natter then when he dropped me off he asked 'will you go food shopping with me tomorrow', am I wrong or hadn't we just been, I wondered why he hadnt bought much in the supermarket lol...I guess it gets him out and I don't mind I love spending time with him so any excuse...my card for today (see I warned you there would be lots more Mos) is my last for the Colour Create challenge I must admit I was sad at leaving CC because it was my very very first DT spot from way way back...this time the challenge is our fabulous Edna's choice and she chose the fab combo of green, brown, white with a touch of lavender or purple with an added option of using metal, I used this fabulous Mo's Digital Pencil image called Girl Holding Empty Sign I added the sentiment using word art and coloured her with distress inks...the amazingly coloured paper is from Echo Park Summer days collection and is called Quilt, I bought loads of these at the weekend so you will see more...I finished with some purple organza ribbon and a brown satin ribbon bow, a sprinkling of pearls and the amazing metal rose is a charm with the ring cut off...the fab sketch is from Totally Gorjuss challenge and I'm also entering it for the Paper Pretties challenge (oops too late) and the Creative Card Crew challenge if you have time today pop on over to Colour Create challenge and say hello to the girls, they work so hard for the challenge and deserve it...I'm off out to the supermarket, yet again today lol and then out to dinner with our beautiful Daughter and her other half this evening...whatever your up to I hope you don't spend it in the supermarket
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - frayed burlap
t shirt - shabby shutter, milled lavender
skirt - milled lavender, shabby shitters
shoes - pumice stone
sign edged with milled lavender

44 comments:

Jackie said...

Good morning Mina, what a delightful card, I love the colour combo :o)
Jackie xx

Christine L said...

Morning Mina...

Fabulous Mo card... love that image and the way you've used wordart!

Have a lovely day today - I'm sure you will!

Hugs
Christine x

Annette said...

Gorgeous card that image is so cute love the colours xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Just catching up and read yesterday's post. It is hard to leave DTs, I know as I have just left one but I think most of us feel we can't comment as much as we would like. Fab card today as always.

Desire Fourie said...

Loving this cute card and that image is so versatile for a sentiment.
Hugs
Desíre
Doing Life

Adriana said...

Good to read that you enjoying your decision by surfing along.
What a fun and beautiful card did you have made​​. The text is sooo funny in this way.
Have a nice day.

Colinda said...

Your card lightend up my room today!! It's still raining. Love the bright green!!It made me happy. Enjoy you shopping and your dinner tonight, Colinda

cebelica said...

I love this paper. And the colour combo is great as well. Wonderful card! Hugs! xx

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the fab sentiment on the cute image....

tilly said...

lovely colour combo and I love that charm. how pretty 9as usual0 the new images from Mo. enjoy your shopping and thanks for your visit
Tilly

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fabulous papers.xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Glad you are enjoying yourself Mina! The colour combo on your card is fab and what a cute image coloured perfectly as always x

My'scardcorner said...

Such a pretty bright card Mina love it.had to laugh as guess where Im off today :0) supermarket mind it is pouring down so not much else to be done in this weather.Enjoy your shop.
Myrax

Squirrel x said...

Aargh, my eyes, my eyes! Blimey girl, that green is bright, but wow, it works beautifully with that famous delicate Mina colourwork, so gorgeous. Hope you have a fab day hun. Sxxx

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable card Mina.
I've had a quick look at my old cards to join in that challenge not sure I'm that brave.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Hi Mina
I'm sure it was a very hard decision to give up these DT posts chum but you are only human, and you don't run on batteries chum :)
Love this card as ever your image colouring is amazing!! colours fab and detail gorgeous love the wee rose heart embellishment, can I ask chum what your waterproofing method is for digi printing chum I would be very grateful for any help on this,
I do hope you are well and what a horrible dark wet day it is up here have a great day whatever you are doing chum
Lots Hugs Sarah x

Jane said...

Very cute Mina
Hugs
Jane

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Mina, love the little image so cute.love the sentiment too..lol..gorgeous colouring..


Luv CHRISSYxx

mags said...

A lovely card Mina. The image is gorgeous and coloured beautifully and really love the colour combo. Have a good day.
Mags
x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colours and lovely image Mina xx

heidy said...

Fabolous cute card Mina!
Enjoy your day!
XXX Heidy

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

glad your feeling happy with your decisions and bloggers are behind you.
I love your lasted card fab image and wonderful design.
janex

Donna said...

hi Mina, another beautiful Mo card, love Mo's images and you colour them beautifully. Have a lovely day out with your Dad, remember to bring your umbrella lol. Donna x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card !
Love the colours.

Nannieflash said...

Oh Mina that is just stunning I love your colour choice they go so beautifully, and your image is gorgeous to.
I do envy you being able to go with your dad shopping, as ive now lost both my parents and inlaws I miss the chance to do so, its worth just going to keep your dad company. hugs Shirleyxxxx

coops said...

fabulous card mina.i really love the colour combo and gorgeous sweet image :D

xx coops xx

rosie said...

hello Mina. fab card. love the colours. great image x

Jane said...

If you're not in your craft room (pretending to tidy...lol), you're in the supermarket! Your life is almost as exciting as mine. Fab card, another Mo must have...again! x

Mau xx said...

What a fab colour Mina, I love this little sweet miss too.aww!!! well another on my ever growing wish list....lol love the ribbon and charm too :)
Glad you had a good time with Dad,what a treasure he is xxxxx
Hugs Mau XX
ps got BZ order yesterday...so quick :)

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Mina! I love the color combo and the adorable image! Pretty, soft coloring! Hope you're having a great day!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Mina, how gorgeous is this image and how versatile well done Hugs Elaine

June Nelson said...

Evening darlin another beautiful creation its gorgeous loving the greens, enjoy your meal tonight, ive just had a banana lol xxxxxxxxxxxx

Denise said...

Hi Mina
Sorry I have been MIA recently - have been trying to get myself organised and back into commenting following my move.
Love your card. The lime green paper is gorgeous and that is one cute image.
Hugs
Denise xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Such an unusual colour combo and you have made it work perfectly, Mina! Enjoy your next shop! My mum is the same! Hugs, Lesley

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Mina
A fabulous card love the image and fab colour's
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Jude said...

Such a cute image! Love the colours.

Hugs
Judex

Julie said...

Hi Mina - this is fabulous!! Love the shades of the colours that you've used and another new Mo image that is just wonderful - love your soft colouring!!

Tammy said...

You are so, so lucky to have your dad to spend time with!
Love your card and always have loved Moe! Great idea to use the same paper on the background and just turn one a different direction, so pretty and interesting!

Ann said...

Very cute stamp. I love her little smile. Sweet papers and bow too. I took care of my Grandparents when they got older and needed care. I know how tiring and how much love it takes. I worked at the time, and 1 if not both of my days off each week were devoted to them. Never had time for myself. My son hadn't been born yet, so I did what I could. They are both with the Lord now, and I miss them so much. I would do it all over again. Hugs to you Mina.

Sherri said...

Adorable! Love the sentiment spelled as you did. And your coloring is brilliant as well.

ribenaruby said...

Gorgeous limey card Mina, you know you've made the right decisions but somehow at the time it all seems so difficult. Wishing you 'Many Happy Blogging' times ahead! Ruby x

Bettina L. said...

This is such a delish colour combo and I love how you've coloured that image and teamed it up with that bow and flower. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card

Thanks for joining us the Creative Card Crew for our sentiment challenge

Margaret DT

XxJULESxX said...

oh just gorgeous and fab colour!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...