Tuesday, May 01, 2012

your last chance...

Good morning everyone, how are you all...well and happy I hope...Phil had to work a night shift last night as there was some urgent work needed finished before Tuesday morning and he had to manage it...it was so so strange being alone again for a night, I don't like it and don't want it to happen again (well not often anyway) you would think after ten years I would be used to being on my own and I was I guess but because Phil's home now, I'm getting used to company every night...did you all go aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh you soppy thing Mina, bet you did lol...tell you what I did find myself doing though, talking to the TV and myself again, how mad is that disagreeing with a tv...mind it could be worse it could have disagreed back now that would really mean I was going nuts wouldn't it lol, oh and before I forget today is your last chance to enter my followers candy, so if you havent already hop on down now to join in, you never know do you and you have to be in it to stand a chance of winning...anyway onto my card for today, how beautifully vintage is this fabulous little Stampavie Sarah Kay - Madeline stamp, I love the way she looks like an old photograph don't you...that's why I kept the colours so simple for her I wanted to give her an aged photo look...I coloured her with distress inks and it just goes to show how few colours are needed to get an effect doesn't it...the fantastic papers and the two tags at the sides are from the Prima 6x6" Paper Pad - Almanac paper pad, I'm loving Prima pads atm and I'm so pleased I bought some of the new release ones as they are so beautifully soft and vintage, the pad and stamp are from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...I finished with some lace across the middle although you can barely see it, a gingham brown bow and a couple of buttons...the fab sketch is from the Sweet Stop challenge and I'm also entering it for the Crafty Catz challenge and Crafty Creations Challenge too...whatever I'm up to today it will have to be quiet because poor Phil will be catching up with some sleep I think, I might just head out so he gets some peace and quiet...whatever your up to today I hope you have a fantastic one
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - frayed burlap
ribbons and dress - tattered rose
tights, apron - antique linen
shoes - frayed burlap

45 comments:

June Nelson said...

Its a beauty MIna love the subtelty of this, just gorgeous me darlin xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous Mina, absolutely love it.
luv
Debby

cheryl said...

oh Mina,Hun I adore these images,and the layout on this is just brilliant,so love those papers,and your stunning detail,he he glad I am not the only one,who talks to the tv,you should here me run on to my wee dog Alice tell you we have a right old chin wag,bless her no idea what I would do without,that little beauty,hugs Cherylxxx

Unknown said...

she is so very pretty and yep she has a oldie worldy thing going on..love her..and now i need her lol!!...i know how your feeling re your hubbie ive been on my own at night for 11 years and now theve changed his shifts..so its taken a while to get used to him being here,, at least the cat dosnt have to put up with me talking to her all night LoL!!!but now theve changed all his shifts so when hes does the late week ..as his shift alternate miss him around...and yep good to know im not the only one that argues with the tele heheh...take care hugglies sassyx

Miss Emerald said...

Mina, it's a beautiful card! Excellent composition and great choice of pictures and papers!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love SK stamos and this is pretty. Love the colouring. Great Teddy Bo card below too, fab layout.

Colinda said...

You're right Mina, you don't need much colours for such a pretty card!!
We've had such a beautiful day yesterday with lots off sunshine but today it's raining and we even got some thunder. Hope the weather is better over there, Colinda

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is just precious Mina love the vintage feel to it but it still retains the pink feminine touch too xx

Adriana said...

Beautiful card. Its so nice to see what you did with only those 3 colors!

Jackie said...

Beautiful card Mina, lovely colours :o)
Jackie xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fabulous papers.xxx

My'scardcorner said...

Just lovely Mina great layout love the newspaper idea.
Myrax

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is sweet - i love the text papers
Lisa x

kbrandy4 said...

Hi Mina, Gorgeous card, adorable image and beautiful DP!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

Chrissy said...

She is just lovely Mina,beautiful colouring, so soft and pretty.

Luv CHRISSYxx

arjette said...

Wooww Mina, what a sweet card, it's beautiful!!! Such a pretty image!!

gr. arjette.

mags said...

Beautiful card Mina. The image is so lovely and really like your papers.
Mags
x

Aunty Sue said...

Oh Mina what you like well he will be sleeping now so be quite cutting those lush papers and colouring. Love the colours you have used perfect like you said a vintage feel and great backing papers

Riet said...

So wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

heidy said...

Oh she's cute Mina!
XXX Heidy

tilly said...

love those papers and the vintage feel, just whispering as I don't want to waken Phil lol
Thanks for the birthday wishes
Tilly

Jude said...

Hi Mina, This is so gorgeous, love the papers and the colours you have used.

Take care
Hugs
Judex

crafty-stamper said...

It's a beautiful card and love your soft colouring
carol x

Janette said...

Hi Mina, Oh it's gorgeous, love the way you get the soft colours, always makes a difference...
I did say 'Awwww'...lol...we're a soppy lot..xxx

Tammy said...

Mina don't you know it is perfectly okay to talk to yourself, answer yourself, or argue with yourself. It's when you start saying "huh" to yourself and you must repeat it that there is a problem! As always your card is wonderful! Beautiful coloring!!

Amanda said...

Mina what a pretty card...do you mind me asking how you coloured it with distress inks? Do you use a brush? I have used a watercolour pen with them before but this looks 'more coloured' than that? I hope hubby gets to stay home from now on...my hubby does 2 on 2 off on the rigs and has for 23yrs but I still hate it!! xx

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Mina! I love the soft colors and the sweet image! Wonderful coloring, as always!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous and the image has been coloured beautifully.
Hugs
Desire
PS: Hope Phil is home tonight - you are allowed to talk to yourself, but please don't answer yourself as well - that means men in white jackets will be on your doorstep soon ... ha ha ha

Lau W said...

Oh so lovely card,love your colouring as always, and love papiers, love everything !
Hope you're well my friend !
xxx

ang said...

lovely card, such pretty soft muted colours thanks for sharing angxx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous vintage feel.janex

Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Mina, love the soft colours and fab papers. Love reading your morning post....you always makes me smile....good to know i'm not the only one who talks to the tv....and sometimes i'd swear it answers me back!!
Hugs Jo x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Love this Mina! Gorgeous! Judy x

Sherri said...

This is SO beautiful! I think I'm going to have to add it to the list of my favorite cards you have made. It is just perfect in every way & your coloring is beyond compare.

coops said...

so stunning mina.i love your soft colours and really gorgeous image and design :D

xx coops xx

Mau xx said...

Its adorable Mina, I love the sweet image and the paper is wonderful, me thinks my paper stash is about to grow :)
I think I should introduce you to Den...he talks to the telly as well....lol
hugs Mau x

Cathymac said...

LOVE the soft, subtle vintage look of the colors and papers, and the Sarah Kay image is just adorable! Fabulous coloring as well! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Andrea said...

Hi Mina - I love the sepia tones of your card - looks gorgeous.
I hope you're not on your own tonight.
Love Andrea xx

Becky Dunham said...

So sweet Mina! I love the soft colors you used on this adorable image!

Rufus said...

You were right, Mina, I did go ahhhhhhh poor Mina! Amazing how fast you can get to depend on him being there isn't it?! Hope he doesn't have to many night shifts. Another gorgeous card...always amazed at how you can color so beautifully with just a couple of colors.
R/

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card Mina well done I love this one Hugs Elaine

Chrissy D said...

So soft and pretty! Thank you for joining us in the Sweet Stop Sketch! I hope you will join us again! Have a wonderful weekend!

Aunty Sue said...

Such a lovely card thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ this week.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a darling card Mina. Love the soft colors. The tags look great with the butterfly images and buttons. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love the balance of the layout and your cute little image. Peachy! Hugs, Lesley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...