Saturday, May 12, 2012

Freaky weather and a bit of bling...

Good morning everyone I hope your all well and have a fab weekend planned...we went on our trip yesterday and got all our paperwork signed and sealed, its was bright sunshine all the way down and we were on our way back and were talking about the strange weather there had been in England with all the super cell storms and a hailstorm hit us, it wasn't even cold and these huge hailstone were bouncing off the car, it was one of those twilight moments when I expected to see a twister and be swept away to Oz but it stopped as quickly as it started and the strange thing was it was still sunshine...freaky eh...we stopped a couple of times on our way back and finally got home about 7pm...phew that was a long day as we left at 7.30am, poor Phil even had to stop on the way back as his foot had gone to sleep...we had chinese and watched the Immortals, I love greek mythology but I'm not quite sure which hollywood volume of greek mythology that film came out of as it sure wasn't a greek book lol...my card for today is using the stunningly beautiful Melissa image from Crafts and Me, how stunning is this vampire and her wolf...I coloured her with distress inks and added a bit of glitter (I know there's no wings but there is snow so glittered it was)...the gorgeous papers are a couple of loose ones from my stash and I think they are Basicgrey...I finished my card with some lace, more gingham ribbon (OI seem to have a thing for gingham ribbon atm dont I, and a stunning Prima gold glittered flower...the fabulous sketch is from Sweet Sketch Wednesday...

for those who asked here a quick photo of the two blingy brooches I bought at the Antique fair last week...gorgeous aren't they...you can see why I was attracted cant you being half magpie lol...we are off out with my Dad today, well that's if I can get myself awake long enough, we are still shattered from yesterday...I will catch up with you all tonight on my hopping and whatever your up to watch out for the freaky hailstorms...oh and don't forget I have lush ribbon candy for you all tomorrow
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
clothes -tattered rose
shading and hair - pumice stone
trees - bundled sage
eyes and sky - stormy sky

39 comments:

cheryl said...

hi Hun,oh this is beautiful,and the way you have coloured it in,really catches the eye something,quite magical about this Hun,just brilliant,hugs Cherylxxxx

I just love those beautiful broaches,Hun,they are gorgeous,hugs Cherylxxxxx
have a lovely time with your dad Hun,xxxxxx

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and that big flower.....

franzesjoi said...

beautiful card, Mina!!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Mina,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Naomi Johnson said...

stunning card, love the monochrome with the glitter. Beautiful.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is so pretty Mina and what a scrummy flower!! x

Jo said...

Oh, she's gorgeous...there's something so magical about your card, today!We had a hailstorm too.......bang on 10 past 3 just as i'd picked Rebecca up from school!!Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Hugs Jo x

mags said...

Beautiful card Mina. Just loving the image. Lush flower too.
Mags
x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful image Mina, soft gorgeous colouring, love the rose and papers..and your bling bling brooches are gorgeous...my Mum used to tell Dad to hide the tin foil, Christines coming for tea...I never real understood her humour, but she thought I was half magpie..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

Beautiful Mina and the paper you used is stunning. Love the rose and the jewelry is outstanding, great find!

Lau W said...

Oh so nice jewerly ! !!
Your card is a beauty, with these colors this stamp is just fantastic ! Love it !
xxx

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card,love the image.xxx

Carla S. said...

Stunning card, Mina! Gorgeous color and sparkle! The image is so dramatic! Fabulous brooches, too! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Mina your brooches are just fabulous I love them and your card is stunning what a fabulous creation , great work and well done.
Hugs Elaine
Enjoy the weekend

Vicky said...

Totally gorgeous as always sweetie. Lush colours.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Linda Wescott said...

Beautiful broaches and another stunning card. Love the goldy flecked flower. Hugs lin

June Nelson said...

Jus tlove this mina its gorgeous love the style of it hun xxxx

coops said...

oh wow, beautiful card mina.gorgeous soft colours and i love the fantastic image and design :D
your brooches are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

sweetbloominscraps said...

Wow, she is a gorgeous vampire. I love the look of your card!
Judi SSW DT

XxJULESxX said...

stunning card Mina! love the colours!

heidy said...

Hi Mina,this is so beautiful!!
Hope you had a lovely day with your dad!
XXX Heidy

mulberry station said...

Mina, what a stunning card. I love how you have used only a hint of color on your image. It is beautiful. Well done. I hope you will stop back by SSW and post a comment so that your will be entered into the grand prize drawing. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Heide said...

This is a gorgeous card. Love your monotone icy colors. Beautiful work.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

susiestacey said...

Hi Mina, sounds like you had such a long day. Beautiful brooches, love your card today too with such a pretty flower. Take care x Susan x

kbrandy4 said...

Stunning card Mina!! Gorgeous image and fab flower!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

Jeannie said...

What a gorgeous image and the beautiful rose is perfect with it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Patti P. said...

Mina, Stunning!!!
Love the softness of your coloring which gives her skin such an impact. A beautiful design.
Glad your storm didn't damage anything or anyone, hope you have had a wonderful day.
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.
Patti SSW/DT

Jackie said...

Gorgeous cards since I last visited, and O love your blingy brooches :o)
Jackie xx

My'scardcorner said...

Lovely card Mina nice touch with the ribbon. Love those broaches
.Enjoy your day
Myrax

ang said...

lovely card great colours, love your sparkly broaches great find angxxx

Kathie said...

Hi Mina love those broaches very yummy I can see why you bought them I love broaches. I know what your mean about rain on Saturday afternoon it rained on the west side of our house where the washing was and it was fine on the other side where our outdoor table and chairs were as my boys were out there and my Jeep was dry, I guess the rain has to stop and start somewhere? Love your card these colours are awesome it looks very striking. Great embellishments as well. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week on Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Sue said...

Hi Mina,I am back with my new laptop,I have so missed your fantastic cards.I just love your image,fab papers and couring.Love your bling.
Glad all your paperwork is done and dusted.
Hugs Suye xx

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, how beautiful! Positively stunning! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

amanda stokes said...

Hi Mina,
Gorgeous card,love the image,papers and flower :) x

Mau xx said...

Gorgeous card Mina, I love the soft grey colours and the image is beautiful.
Glad you got the business sorted, I was caught in a Hailstone stone on friday, very strange weather :~
Love the Bling! xx
Hugs M x

Tindaloo said...

WOW! Lovin' this image and that flower... gorgeous!

Arlana 11426 said...

What a sweet image!!! Fun color combo. Love that sweet flower. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@ssw!!!

Sharon Basel said...

Wow Mina this is beautiful. Stunning image the way you have colored it. Seems more of a clean and simple card for you and I like it a lot. Beautifully done as always. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Sharon Basel said...

Wow Mina this is beautiful. Stunning image the way you have colored it. Seems more of a clean and simple card for you and I like it a lot. Beautifully done as always. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...