Friday, May 04, 2012

a cutie in green...

Good morning everyone I hope your all well and not getting any of the virus that are floating around atm (btw whats the plural of virus?)...we went shopping yesterday and put the world to rights over a pot of tea and a coffee so you are all safe to leave your homes and enjoy the fresh air lol...I love those chats with my Dad he gets so animated about some things and if we could just get him around a table with the world leaders he would send them away with red ears, maybe that's all they need lol...he was talking about going away to Sicily in June and is so looking forward to it although he does find air travel harder and harder it will make it much easier that hes travelling with my Sister and Brother in Law this time, at least he wont be tucked into a corner by a porter and left there for hours until he is due on the plane...you know if I was a porter and I know they are busy, I would at least push him to a cafe to get tea or a newsagent to get something to read wouldn't you...I guess they just don't think about it...right now onto my card for today which is for our new challenge at Just Magnolia & hAnglar & sTanglar challenge...this time its our monthly challenge and our fabulous Sara's turn to chose an added option and she chose Swirls and Pearls, although of course you don't need to use this option and can just go with the Anything Goes monthly challenge instead...I used this fantastic new Summer Flower Tilda from the new Magnolia Summer Memories collection, I'm loving this collection and bought three of the new stamps and loads of the papers too, well I couldn't resist could I lol, I coloured my Tilda with distress inks and the fantastic papers I teamed her up with are from the new Bazzill Basics 6x6" Multipack - Vintage Marketplace (this jumped into my basket too lol)...this is a fantastic heavyweight paper with lush summer designs on, the stamp and papers I bought at Bunny Zoe's Crafts...I finished my card with a few white swirl rubon's in the corners, a fab coloured seam binding, pearls and a flower charm I bought at the last craft show...the fab sketch is from the Sunday Sketch and Stamp challenge and I'm also entering it for the Stamptacular Sunday challenge and One Stop Craft challenge too...I'm going to do some clearing out of drawers today I now don't all swoon, me clearing out things lol...well I have to make room for Phil don't I...whatever your up to today have a brilliant one and try your best to squash the urge to clean
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
skin-antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - frayed burlap
wings - pumice stone, spun sugar
dress - shabby shutters
shoes - worn lipstick, shabby shutters
bow in hair and flower - worn lipstick
tights - pumice stone

41 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Gorgeous Mina! Love the sweet colours and she is just too adorable! :D

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous...love the image and fabulous colours.xxx

Sandy said...

Isn't she a cutie, love the colouring and fab papers. Had a peek at some of the previous posts too as I haven't popped in for a while. All stunning as usual!
Sandy

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is just so gorgeous Mina what a pretty Tilda x

Chrissy said...

Such a cute little Tilda Mina, she is gorgeous in green, love her curly hair and the wee pearls on her slippers, and in her hair...so pretty.

Luv CHRISSYxx

My'scardcorner said...

Just lovely Mina love the backing paper. Hope you find some surprises in your drawers my last one was some letters from my 2nd granddaughter when she was 5 she is now 21 awe how time flies.
Myrax

tilly said...

Tilda looks so cute with her hairband and pretty dress, love the pearls and seam binding, I may just have to get the iron out today, and maybe even the hoover!
lol
Tilly

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers and the bow....

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card. Nice colors and a lovely stamp.

Nice weekend.

Hugs AStrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

mags said...

Beautiful card Mina. Love the image and the gorgeous colours and papers.
Mags
x

Colinda said...

What a cutie, Mina!!! Would love to have such pearly slippers. I have a extra day off so cleaning is on the program. I'm a little bit behind because i've not been feeling well twice within two weeks, so i hope this is the last time. Enjoy your weekend, Colinda

Amanda said...

This card is so pretty. The bow and brad are gorgeous! I love Tilda she is such a sweet thing. I hope your dad has a lovely time and you are right, you would think they would take him somewhere for a nice coffee or something not just dump him in a corner! :-(
Enjoy cleaning your drawers lol xx

Tammy said...

Just lovely and you always use the prettiest papers for your backgrounds. Sweet little button and bow too.

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous card and a brilliant read your dad sounds a right charactor and if he gets to scilly.....hell have a great time hugs sassy

Kirsty said...

Hi She is beautiful adore your colouring and the beautiful spring fresh colours ! Stunning inspiration ;0)

Marjorie said...

This is just lovely...what a gorgeous image and I love her little boots..so cute..lovely card hun..
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina, Im so sorry your poor Dad got treated like that, he must have felt so cut off from what was going on around him and feeling forgotten. I love this new image shes so cute, dont your love those shoes, and her pretty dress. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely precious, Mina! I love the springy color combo and darling Tilda! Fantastic coloring, as always! Have a good weekend!

Renee B. said...

I love Tilda...and she looks especially lovely here! Great papers.
Hugs,
Renee

Lau W said...

Oh this is a so sweet card Mina ! This Tilda is adorable, and so lovely papers !
Have a nice week-end !
xxx

Marilyn said...

She's so sweet and coloured beautifully. Love the little pearls on the shoes.

christi said...

oh, mina, your a gal after my own heart. maybe we are twin minds separted by parents years and miles. i get such a kick out of your posts. for today, urg supressed. love your card.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Mina!
I love your beautiful soft coloring. Beautiful card. Love the pearls on her shoes- perfect detail!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Elizabeth

arjette said...

It's beautiful Mina, such a sweet card!!!!

gr. arjette.

coops said...

wow this is beautiful mina.really gorgeous and pretty colours and the tilda is so sweet :D

xx coops xx

Mau xx said...

What a fab card Mina Love the colours and i would give a fortune for Tilda's lush shoes :)
Hugs Mau x

Adriana said...

She's sooo cute. Love how you use the pearls on the image.

Victoria said...

absolutely gorgeous card
so glad to be part of the JM team with you x

susiestacey said...

Hi Mina, this Tilda is so sweet, l need her lol Hope you and Phil have a good weekend x Susan x

susiestacey said...

Hi Mina, this Tilda is so sweet, l need her lol Hope you and Phil have a good weekend x Susan x

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous hun...:o)

have a lovely weekend...big hugs Vicky xx

Wendy said...

So gorgeous Mina, she's so sweet and love the pretty papers.
Wendy xx

Joey said...

Mina this is gorgeous, love those papers and the cute little touch of pearls on her shoes. Joey x

Jude said...

Gorgeous card Mina, love the pretty colours.

Hugs
Judex

Mau xx said...

Hi Mina...me again, just to say I have mailed you. Huge Hugs Mau XX

Jane said...

Papers to die for (or kill for if necessary...lol!) If that was me I would have laid that paper on the card with embellies (NO GLUE), taken a photo, then taken the paper aside & sat & stroked. Way too beeeeoootiful to give away! x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Super sweet, Mina. Perfect papers, gorgeous bow and I love those little pearl additions. Hugs, Lesley

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. thanks so much for joining us at stamptacular Sunday this week
Hugs Julie P

Janette said...

So pretty Mina, another of your beautiful cards.xx

Carole said...

Love your choice of colours. Good luck, thanks for playing along at Sunday sketch & stamp.
Happy crafting
Carole xXx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantastic Tilda card Hugs Ginny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...