Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Im loving orange...

Good morning everyone, did you all have a fantastic bank holiday weekend, for those who got the bank holiday of course...the heavens opened very early in the morning here so we decided we would go to the Antiques Fair, so many lovely sparkly things (Phil thinks I'm part Magpie) so we spent hours there and I bought two gorgeous blingy brooches, one for me one for our Daughter, the woman said one was 1940's and the other 50's...hhhmmmmmmm not sure about that but they were only £15 for the two so I thought they were a bargain anyway...then we decided to have lunch in the Hotel where it was, we went for a platter for two which at £11 we thought would be a nice not too heavy lunch...omg I have never seen so much food for two people...it made the table groan...the light lunch idea went flying out the window...home, changed and relaxing for the rest of the afternoon was called for, well we had to rest our full tums didn't we, so a nice day all in all...right now onto my card for today which is using this fabulous Funky Kits cutie, its from the Home Grown Sugar Nellie collection and is called Faye and Freddie, isn't she a sweetie and I love that frog...I coloured her with distress ins and of course she has wings and you now I have to use glitter on wings, its the crafting law isn't it?...how amazing is this paper from Graphic45, I'm loving orange atm for some reason and this colour combo with the green leaves and splash of red is just lush isn't it...the paper is from the Tropical Travelogue collection and is called Island Jewel...maybe I love this paper because it reminds me of tropical holidays oooohhhhhhhh wouldn't you just love a few weeks somewhere tropical...I finished my card with some of the lush flowers cut from the paper, a sentiment from my stash and a lush two tone orange ribbon...the lush sketch is from The Sweet Stop challenge and I'm also entering it for the Anything Goes challenge and the Crafty Calender challenge...I'm having a crafting day today, I feel the need to colour and when you gotta colour you just gotta haven't you, you girls now what I mean don't you...whatever your up to today I hope the heavens don't open on you and you stay dry and warm
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
sin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
shading - pumice stone
greens - forest moss, shabby shutters
oranges - scattered straw, spiced marmalade
strawberry - barn door

42 comments:

Jackie said...

Another gorgeous card Mina, I love the warm colours :o)
Jackie xx

susiestacey said...

Good morning Mina, gorgeous card, love the sweet image and the lovely bold colours. Looks like a bright start to the day here too x Susan x

susiestacey said...

Good morning Mina, gorgeous card, love the sweet image and the lovely bold colours. Looks like a bright start to the day here too x Susan x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Mina what a lovely card the paper is so pretty and love how you have cut the flowers out. What a cute image I wonder if she is going to kiss the frog/prince?? xx

Colinda said...

She's a little sweetie!! I'm hoping for better weather too. Over here it still rains, bleh. Enjoy your colouring today, Colinda

Catherine said...

Cute card, love the papers....

My'scardcorner said...

What a cute image Mina and the backing papers and ribbon set her off perfectly.Reminds me of when I was young and had a bright orange duster coat :0)Thats what they were called just a long coat in cotton always in bright colours....
Myrax

My'scardcorner said...

What a cute image Mina and the backing papers and ribbon set her off perfectly.Reminds me of when I was young and had a bright orange duster coat :0)Thats what they were called just a long coat in cotton always in bright colours....
Myrax

Irene said...

I LOVE orange too Mina (come see my blog!!) and this paper is absolutely yummie, not to mention the adorable coloured stamp!!!!

Hugs, Irene

Always with a Sentiment said...

Gorgeous Mina. Love the fab colours, beautiful image too. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxx

tilly said...

gosh, sounds like there was enough lunch for me as well!!
a lovely card in those bright colours, love the ribbon
Tilly

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the beautifully coloured image and papers.xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Mina,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Good Morning Mina
A gorgeous and beautiful card love the image and fabulous colur's
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love the orange too - so bright and zingy
Lisa x

heidy said...

Oh this is so cute Mina!
XXX Heidy

Chrissy said...

So adorable Mina, love the cute image and gorgeous colouring..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Mina this is lovely! Beautiful colours and layout as always :)

Tammy said...

Adorable Mina, love the cutout paper and pretty ribbon!

cheryl said...

oh Hun,love love these colours,the detail is amazing,and adore that ribbon,just lush,hugs Cheryl xxxx

Corrinne said...

Oh, so fun & beautiful! I LOVE orange, too, so this creation is after my own heart - Super sweet :)

I would be SO happy if you joined us at Tuesday Alchemy: http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com - We have a wonderful prize for this week's challenge!

Lots of joy,
Corrinne

crafty-stamper said...

A beautiful card love the cute image and the gorgeous orange papers
carol x

Christine L said...

Gorgeous card Mina.. love the image and the colours you've chosen for her... perfect!

Big Hugs
Christine x
(another magpie.... )

Jude said...

Cute card Mina, love the fresh, tangy colours.

Hugs
Judex

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Mina! I love the fresh, zesty colors and the darling image! Wonderful design!

Lau W said...

Love your card, with so bright colors ! Such a cute image !
Have a nice day my friend ! Here, the rain is always here pffff !
xxx

Unknown said...

love the card and colours Mina.
Hugs Valxxx

Steph said...

What a beautiful image, I love it! So cute! Gorgeous papers too! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! X

Renee B. said...

I'm loving Faye & Freddie & everything else about this card! Beautiful job!
Hugs,
Renee

coops said...

so stunning mina.i really love your bright sunshine colours and gorgeous sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Frouwke said...

oh so sweet! loveley colors!
grts
frouwke

mags said...

This is such a cute image Mina. And of course the wings have to be glittered. Love the nice bright colours.
Mags
x

Sherri said...

This is so sweet! Love the colors together! it sounds like you had a lovely day. Wish we could all have gone with you!

June Nelson said...

Hi Mina this is perfect, I love your oranges too huggies June xxx

Cathymac said...

This image is just precious, Mina, and the coloring is fabulous! Such pretty colors and I love how you added dimension with the cut out flowers! Every detail is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Janette said...

Oh Mina your little outings always make me smile, you seem to get up to all sorts of things, glad you and Phil had a lovely day together.....

Your card is beautiful, just been admiring another orange card, do love to it...

I was steam cleaning all week-end....took my mind off giving up smoking...xxxxx

Mau xx said...

this is Gorgeous Mina, what amazing papers! and love the tangy orange bow.
Sounds like you had a great day, amazing what you can get up to in wet weather.... Bling! food! and Resting...hmmm!! ...lol
Huge hugs X

Grenouille Greetings said...

I've never been a fan of orange but it sure does make for a lovely sunny card. And boy do we need something sunny in our lives! Hugs, Lesley

Chrissy D said...

Awwww - PRECIOUS! Love how soft and peaceful this card! So serene and lovely! Thank you for joining us this week on the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge! I hope you will join us again! Have a wonderful week!

rosie said...

fab card. great image x

Monika/Buzsy said...

Darling card Mina! Such a sweet image and pretty paper. Love the touch of sparkles on the wings. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop again.

Kim. said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous image. Love the orange too it looks so summery. Thanks for joining us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenges.
Kim xXx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...