Sunday, May 20, 2012

a lot of cutting out...

Good morning everyone I hope your having the nice weather we are having, its not hot or warm even but at least the sun is out and hopefully it will stay that way for a while...I didn't go out with my lovely Dad yesterday as hes off to visit my Sister in Belfast so I had just settled down for an afternoon on my own when Phil arrived home from the racing to take me out for lunch, he really is one of life's sweethearts isn't he...nice lunch then we went and looked at the outside of some houses on my ever expanding list...they are all too far out of town though...isn't Estate agent speak very elastic...one description said 'walking distance to town', we gave up looking after three miles, now that's a long walk isn't it lol...I think you have to read between the lines don't you, character property means falling to bits and centrally located means in the wilds lol...now onto my card for today which is using this stunning Sara Burrier image from Crafts and Me, isn't this Teas and Sandwiches image just stunning, I coloured it with distress inks and cut it out, I know I'm mad but I do enjoy a long cut out, well when I say long it has to take less than ten minuets or I get bored lol...I cut a hole in the card and mounted the image over the hole so it would look more dimensional...did it work ok do you think?...these stunning papers are from the My Minds Eye-A Happy Heart 6x6 pad, amazing colours aren't they...the patterns were so nice I didn't think I needed anything but a gold twinkly organza ribbon and bow to finish...the sketch I made us as I went along but I'm entering this into the Crafty Calender challenge, Sweet Stampin challenge and the Crafts 4 Eternity challenge too...now onto tomorrows post and we are having a sneak peek all week of the new release at Sugar Nellie so my post wont be live until 9am instead of 7am, just in case you thought I was missing early morning I thought I better let you know...I haven't a clue what we are up to today but whatever your up to have a fabulous day
Mina xxx
p.s. I will be back with my ribbon candy winner later

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - gathered twigs
mushrooms - pumice stone
dresses - stormy sky, spiced marmalade, victorian velvet, spun sugar

42 comments:

Jackie said...

Beautiful card Mina, and yes, it works well :o)
Jackie xx

Irene said...

The hole works superrrrrrr Mina, it looks as if they are framed!!!!!
Don't tell me about house-describtions and the gorgeous WIDE-pictures they take of dark, tiny places LOL!!!!!!
Be lucky you live in the area and can check them out before the estate agent is breathing down your neck!!!!!
I'm sure you'll tell us tomorrow about yet again a gorgeous lunch LOL!!!

Hugs, Irene

Ink Art Designs said...

lol...good luck with the house hunting! At least you still have your sense of humour. I think the hole looks fabulous on this card! That, with the different papers, made it hard to work out how many layers there were...Heaps!!! A really great effect Mina
Dot x

Lisa Jane said...

oh all that cutting was definitely worth it .. its fabulous!
Lisa x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Mina this is so sweet! It must have taken forever to cut out but it really is worth it..so stunning :)

Doreen said...

Hello Mina this is gorgeous...a fab image and I love the colours.xxx

heidy said...

What a beautiful card Mina!
XXX Heidy

Shazza said...

don't envy you with the house hunting at all Mina but hope you find the perfect house soon. Great card x

Sabrina said...

Hi Mina! I just love ctouts that create dimention!! Looks great Mina.
hugs xx Sabrina

Chrissy said...

Fabulous cutting Mina,and so worth it, love the dimension, fabulous colouring too...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Mina. Gorgeous as always. Love the design and gorgeous papers. Fab image and I love the bow.
Love Sandra xxx

Amanda said...

Oh Mina don't mention house hunting! My poor son has finally moved into his new house yesterday after a 6 month nightmare! Moving gives me the colliwobbles!

I love your card and despite not being a lover of fairies this is lovely. The 'hole' works great, well done xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Mina,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pauline said...

A beautiful card Mina, what a stunning image! Beautifully coloured as always, truly gorgeous.

Catherine said...

Fab card and lovely image. Your hubby sounds fab!!

franzesjoi said...

wow, Mina! such a beautiful card!!! fabulous details :)

Tammy said...

Very pretty! You always manage to incorporate the prettiest papers on your cards.

mapowska said...

Beautiful card!

Mau xx said...

A super card Mina, Love the papers and bow, and what a lot of cutting out, but so beautifully done as always.
Glad you had a lovely afternoon with Phil. have you tried asking the E/A for a house in the wilds..he wil maybe come up with one nearer town....lol
Hugs Mau xx

Turtle In The Sand said...

Great idea placing the image over the hole. Sometimes you just need to make something different. Another gorgeous bow.

Good luck on the house hunt. Maybe you should print out a map of your town. Cut out a circle of where you want to live and make it into a card for your agent!

Hugs, Linda

Lau W said...

Oh so nice card Mina ! Love your papers ! And the bow is superb !
Hope you have a nice sunday !
xxx

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card Mina, thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

XxJULESxX said...

gorgeous card Mina!!!!im the GD for Sweet Stampin this mnth! good luck!

Andrea said...

Hi Mina - the dimension you've created with this card looks fabulous. A gorgeous image too.
Love, Andrea xx

Maris said...

ohhh beatyfull creation Mina xx

June Nelson said...

Its stunning Mina and I love the cut out effect looks like and old picture its beautiful hunnie xxxx

Colinda said...

It works!! Lovely lady's. And your card from yesterday is such a sweetie! Thanks for letting us sleep for another two ours tomorrow morning :)Enjoy your evening, colinda

Rebecca said...

Hi, Mina, I love your Gorgeous card with the pretty fairys
love from Rebecca xx

Tracey T said...

What fabulous layout, Mina and those fairies are beautiful! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Make the most of the nice weather! Hugs, Tracey xx

mags said...

Beautiful card Mina. The image is gorgeous and looks great cut out. What patience you have. The papers are lovely.
Mags
x

coops said...

so stunning mina.gorgeous image and design and the image is really beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

A beautiful card, Mina. Your cutting out is always supremely done and I love your soft colouring against the more striking background. Good luck with your house hunting! Hugs, Lesley

susiestacey said...

Hi Mina, gorgeous card you must have a steady hand and a lot of patience to cut this out. Take care x Susan x

Julie said...

Beautiful card, Mina - love the dimension you've created and the yellow ribbon is a real statement!
Juliex

Sandy said...

Beautiful card, love that image and looks great over the aperture too. Good luck with your house hunting!
Sandy

MaRyKaY said...

beautiful card. Yes that fussy cutting is always a fun thing. Always well worth it in the end though. that image is gorgeous. great job

pinky said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful papers Mina. Thanks for joining us at C4E.
Pinky

Doreen said...

Beautiful card - love the image
Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
Hugs
Doreen

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love everything about this card! I could paper paint every day! Beautiful colors and paper patterns! Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Seafield Jo said...

This is a beautiful card, what a fabulous bow.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck.

Jo :)

mixamatoasties said...

Fab card. Love the thought of the fairies drinking tea :)

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan x

michele said...

Fabulous card Mina Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...