Monday, May 07, 2012

can you have blue tulips?...

Good morning everyone, did you have a fab weekend...ours was definitely not one for planned activities as nothing went to plan but then they usually turn out well dont they...no walk or picnic yesterday as although the sun was out it was freezing in the arctic wind...so reverted to plan B shopping for a new printer, mine is kaput that's a techno tern for knackered...so I stuck with the ink I know and bought another Epson...had lunch then went home for Tv and a bunch of lush grapes...do things like this only happen to me or do you all do daft things like this too...I was chomping away on my grapes and surfing when the grape I had in my hand disappeared, I searched the sofa and myself and guessed it must have fallen back in the box...went on with my surfing then settled down to watch a program, hand on arm and elbow down on the arm of the sofa and squish...uuuurrrrggghhhh icky the grape must have fallen down the arm of my long sleeved t shirt and I rested my elbow on it...so much for chilling I had to get changed and it was icky too, please tell me daft things like that happen to you too so I don't feel so crackers lol...right now onto my card for today which is for our new monthly challenge at The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge...this month is our wonderful Jane's choice and she chose Blooms and butterflies...this TeddyBo image is perfect for that theme dont you think, I coloured him with distress inks and used the stunning colours of the Kaisercraft Blae & Ivy 6.5"x6.5" Paper Pad from Bunny Zoe's Crafts for the colour combo...the amazing ribbon is a Silky Crush 38mm Ribbon - Pewter ribbon, just behind the ribbon which is quite hard to see is some beautiful 15cm wide Aqua Tulle and I finished with a Silver Colour Decorative Butterfly Charm all from the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop the fabulous sketch is from the Fetch a Sketch challenge and Im aslo entering it for the Crafty Catz Weekly challenge and Dutch Dare card challenge...Phil is off work today as its a May Day bank holiday here so I havent a clue what we will be up too...but you never know oh and theres an antique fair on in one of our local hotels so a mooch through that might be nice...have a brilliant day everyone, if you have the time dont forget to pop on over to The Pretty Little Ribbon challenge blog to have a loo at our amazing teams makes and watch out for hiding pieces of fruit
Mina xxx
distress inks colours used
teddybo - antique linen, frayed burlap
hat - peeled paint
flowers - peeled paint, broen china
clothes - stormy skies
boots - frayed burlap
shadows - pumice stone

38 comments:

Chrissy said...

This is so beautiful Mina...so therefore you can have any colour tulips you want..gorgeous lush bow, and papers.
Yes...daft things happen to me too..I just dont want to talk about today...please dont make me...lol...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a beautiful card Mina, lovely image and wonderful colours!
Hugs Jacqueline

Christine L said...

No, you can't have blue tulips...... and no, daft things like that don't happen to me!! (I'm lying on both counts!! hehe)

Fabulous card, lovely image Mina! Enjoy today!

Hugs
Christine x

Colinda said...

I love bears!!! So cute with tulips from Amsterdam!! Enjoy your extra day off, Colinda

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Hi Mina Long time since I left comments on your fab cards, its been busy, busy here too!! Some things I wont talk about - Cypriot contractors!!
Your card is absolutely fabulous. I love Teddy Bea, and as usual your colouring is stunning. I once saw blue tulips at a flower show in Holland a few years ago, where are they now? The ones I saw were beautiful.
Strange things happen to me all the time but I just put it down to the warm weather. Ha ha, I have an excuse!!
Until next time
Love Sheila x

Jackie said...

Of course you can have blue tulips, call it cardmaker's licence. A beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

mags said...

Gorgeous card Mina. Love the image and gorgeous papers. Lush ribbon bow. And we are crafters, tulips can be any colour we like and yours look super. Have a good day.
Mags
x

Doreen said...

This is such a fabulous card,love all the details.xxx

Irene said...

UUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH Blue Tulips?? Don't think I've ever seen them in real but there is a first for everything Mina and boy is your card SUPERRRRRR cute!!!!!!

Hugs, Irene

Riet said...

Beautiful card Mina,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marie-Louise said...

Another lovely card.

Squirrel x said...

I was beginning to wonder where you had found the grape!! Nah, never happens to me (cough cough). Loving Teddy and the tulips (why don't they come in blue?), such a gorgeously sweet card and your delicate touch with the colour is stunning, I wish I wasn't so heavy handed sometimes, lol. Hugs Sxx

Amanda said...

I love blue Tulips and I NEVER do silly things :-P
This card is absolutely beautiful! The ribbon is lush and the colours are just perfect. xx

Michelle J M said...

Of course you can have blue tulips if they are as stunning as yours! Another exquisite card Mina. Michelle x

cheryl said...

he he Hun yeah things like that happen to me all the time,as for your card Hun its just gorgeous,love that image which is coloured to perfection,and those papers,are lush,hugs Cherylxxxxx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card Mina...I have seen on TV that someone invented a tulip with several happy colors being exported to China...I first thought they were made of paper but they were real....so why not blue tulips???
xxx Margreet

Grenouille Greetings said...

Can you have blue tulips? If a handsome teddy wearing a fetching hat and matching boots is able to deliver them - they can be blue! I enjoyed your grape squishing story (using one's feet is the more traditional way to make wine isn't it?) and I LOVE your card! hugs, Lesley

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Mina!

Have a nice day.

Teresa said...

It's a beautiful card Mina and there's room for blue tulips, they are gorgeous in any colour!
As for the grapes dear, dear me, what are you like eh? Yes I've done similar things (blush) enjoy your bank holiday weekend, hugs Teresa xx

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card and I love your shading on the cute teddy no image....

Tammy said...

No fear, you are not alone in the weird-happening department! Beautiful card and the bow is stunning.

Janette said...

Oh this is beautiful Mina and you can have any colour Tulips you like, it matters not to my way of thinking....
Never had a Grape up me sleeve...but have done a few batty things in my time...xxxx

Mummylade said...

of course you can have blue tulips =)

Tammy said...

A stamp I havent used in a while - one of my fave Teddy Bo ones. You've coloured him perfectly. Lovely shade of blue. Hugs x

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Mina! I think the blue tulips look wonderful! Beautiful papers and ribbon! Enjoy your day!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

So lovely Mina! I see nothing wrong with blue tulips lol! Love the beautiful soft tones :)

coops said...

gorgeous card mina.the blue tulips look beautiful and i love your soft colours and stunning image :D

xx coops xx

Vicky said...

Beautiful Mina...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Mau xx said...

This is gorgeous Mina, love that paper and bow :)
as for Blue Tulips...not sure but you can set a new trend :) the grapes well I guess you could possibly be a first there as well, but I don't think so...I have done some daft things in my time....lol
Hugs Mau XX

Renee B. said...

Mina, when you are the one coloring the tulips you can have any color you want!! LOL Have a great day!
Hugs,
Renee

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Love this Teddy Bo Mina and how you have coloured him and what a luscious bow xx

Sinikka said...

Blue tulips are great as your card is.........looks sweet.
Hugs Sinikka

Sinikka said...

Blue tulips are great as your card is.........looks sweet.
Hugs Sinikka

Julie said...

Fabulous card, Mina - great colours and the ribbon is just so lush!! Juliexx

Rufus said...

Fantastic card, Mina!! If you ever find blue tulips IRL, let me know I'd love to have some. Daft things...do 'em all the time! You are def. not along in that dept. Don't think I've had a grape up my sleeve, but lots of other "happenings", lol.
R/

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Mina
A gorgeous and beautiful card love the image and paper's are gorgeous thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Aunty Sue said...

Oh Mina this is stunning love the colours and the bow is amazing, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

Jenny said...

Such a lovely card & a great use of the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Fetch A Sketch! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...