Tuesday, May 29, 2012

pink, girlie and lethal...

Good morning everyone, I hope your all well and happy...a quick update on the cute little cat who was visiting, its still about but I cant bring it indoors anymore it makes me mad itchy...I was scratching away for two days before it dawned on me what it was, I never knew I was allergic to cats, or maybe its just that little cutie, I rang the cat protection place here but they wont come and collect it unless its injured, so what am I to do with it, well I have taken some photos and I will take them around to the neighbours see if anyone has moved lately or maybe know who it belongs to...my Daughter would love to take it but she is the owner of a sumo cat who would just need to sit on the poor thing lol...it has taken root on my garden chairs, the one in the shade during the day and the others at night...the poor little thing is breaking my heart crying every time I go out...but the itch wont go away I'm afraid...right now onto my card for today which is pink, girlie and was lethal my craft room was a sizzling 34degrees yesterday and I could only manage this one before I had to get out...Phil did suggest a fan but a fan and loose bits of paper, ribbon and loads of layers is not a good combination with a fan is it lol...anyway its using this cute little Sugar Nellie stamp called Mackenzie, would you believe I found this cutie hiding never even been inked...I coloured her with distress inks and paper pieced her dress in the same pink gingham from Craft Creations that I used for the background, I finished with some lush green seam binding from the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop, gorgeous colour isn't it... I finished with a mixture of pink and white roses and some tiny leaves...the fab sketch is from the Simply Stampin' challenge but as I didn't use a Stampin up image Im not entering it...I am entering it for the Oh La La Creations challenge and the Squiggles Stamp challenge...I'm off out to Town with my Dad today as he needs new sunglasses and shorts for Sicily, I hope its a bit cooler today as I don't want to drag him round shops in that heat...whatever your up to have a fabulously sunny day
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - frayed burlap
apples and shoes - shabby shutters
baskets - frayed burlap

31 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Mina, love the cute image and her paper pieced dress..so pretty...
I had a stray kitten here a week or so ago...and my dog wanted it soooo bad...and the kitten totally ignored him through the glass..brave little chap..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Bernie said...

Oh Mina, Pink Gingham, I LOVE it! Love the sweet image and how you've pieced her dress. Fab layout and lovely flowers.
Hope your kitten finds a good home. I never had any allergies until a few years ago started with a sun allergy now its to pollens,
no fun for an avid gardener.
Hugs

Catherine said...

Such a pretty card, love the paper piecing and the cute papers...

Christine L said...

Hi Mina

Pink and Girly? Right up my street!! hehe! Love your card - that image is fab and just right on the pink gingham.

Hope it's cooler where you are today so you can go shopping in comfort.

Hugs
Christine x

Desire Fourie said...

Apologies for not popping in here for the last few days, I have been presenting two full scrapbooking days at my home studio this past weekend.
Loving this beautiful creation of yours.
Hugs
Desíre
DS4J DT Member
Doing Life

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Gorgeous Mina.
I agree with Kim, the vet will be able to scan the micro chip.
Hugs Chris xxx

tilly said...

love the pink gingham and what a pretty face she has........ hope you get the shopping for Dad, not as warm here today
Tilly

My'scardcorner said...

This is so pretty Mina I love the pink gigham. What a shame you are allergic to cats I hope you find it a home soon.
Myrax

Squirrel x said...

Beautiful card Mina, and well done for braving the heat to create it! Love the pink and green. Have to agree with Kim - whip kitty to the vet to see if she is chipped, otherwise I'd suggest Piriton! Hugs Sxx

debby4000 said...

Adorable cute card Mina and its gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Naomi Johnson said...

so cute, what a sweet stamp! xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous, love the perfectly coloured image and fab design.xxx

heidy said...

Such a beautiful card Mina,hope everything went well with the little kitten!
XXX Heidy

Anonymous said...

Oh poor little kitty, hope your still feeding and watering it though??. Maybe it's fleas that's causing u to itch??. I would do as the other have said. Take it to the vets as it maybe have a chip.

Liz Hardman

coops said...

so pretty mina.gorgeous sweet image and i love your colours :D
aw i hope you manage to sort out your little whiskered visitor soon.
like others have said, a trip to the vets to maybe see if he/she is chipped.

xx coops xx

Tammy said...

Sweet card, love the pink gingham and clever use of ribbon to frame the image.
I've been sharing my yard with a cat for over a year, she won't come near me but loves to sit on the porch and wait for me to bring her breakfast, lunch and dinner to her.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Mina love your pretty card and what a sweet little image!

We have three cats and still a mingy old stray came last year which we ended up feeding because it was so scrawny and then we found it dead on our chairs outside - oh boy was I upset!! These charities don't want to know do they? I find the RSPCA the worst and as a result won't give then any money anymore!! Well I'll just climb down off this soap box and get back to commenting now lol!! Hugs Susan x

LilyPuss Cards said...

Hi Mina....Beautiful card as always...

My friend had a kitty adopt them..but like you was allergic to it...but she couldnt find its owner so she put a little 'Cat Kennel' in the garden for it to shelter in and Puss has lived there ever since....

Hugs
Jan..x

Miss Emerald said...

The card is so, so soft and beautiful!

Lau W said...

Oh poor you and poor kitty ! I hope he will have a house soon ! and i hope your itching will desappear !
Your card is really sweet, love pink my fav color ! Love the dress ! And this color combo is so nice !
xxx

Jackie said...

What a sweet card, so fresh looking with the gingham :O)
Jackie xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Mina,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Renee B. said...

What a gorgeous little card Mina! The gingham is perfect for her dress. I think perhaps our weather has gotten mixed up...we are getting cold & rainy & you are getting our heat & sunshine....please send it back! Hope the little kitty finds a good home!
Hugs,
Renee

Mau xx said...

What a Gorgeous sweet card Mina, Love the paper and image and fab colours.
Hope you had a nice day with Dad and he got the things he needed
Hugs Mau xx

Lisa Jane said...

This is so pretty - i love the gingham .. so clean and fresh.
Its a good job i don't live near or i would be wanting that cute kitty lol
Lisa x

Lalo said...

This is such a sweet soft card!!! The ribbon looks fantastic too!!! Thanks for playing with the squiggles challenge ... I love how you used the ribbon and roses!!!

XxJULESxX said...

Another gorgeous card Mina!!

Ann said...

Cute card and layout. I love pink and green together, so this is perfect. So sad about the kitten, I hope he finds a home. Maybe he just made you itch because he is dusty and dirty. Maybe he needs a bath? Hugs

Heidi said...

love your card, the image is great and I love su too, your colour combo is purrfect. Thanks so much for sharing with us at squigglestamps. heidi
ps maybe cat has fleas and needs treating, in which case you may not be allergic at all.

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card, so pretty, love the roses too, thanks for sharing at OLLCB, Wendy x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Mina this is beautiful I adore that image also the wonderful flower, design and colours, thank you for joining our challenge at
OLLCB
Hugs
Lorraine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...