Monday, May 28, 2012

the man in charge fixed it...

Good morning everyone did you all have a fantastic weekend, did any of you get a bit burned, I have never seen so many people that painful shade of scarlet than I did yesterday...it was like some sort of scary red virus had hit town lol...our Daughter had a fantastic birthday yesterday, we arrived in the morning at her house and she was already sunbathing, I can tell you all about her gift now as she has it, we paid for a 4 day trip to Amsterdam for her and her other half, she was so excited bless her, she was like a five year old again...we gave her the gift all wrapped up in a hand made box with a huge pink glittery bow...on the top was a few artificial tulips then below two tour guides of Amsterdam then her tickets, hotel voucher etc each layer wrapped in pink tissue paper, she was like a kid in a sweetie shop opening each layer lol...we all went out to dinner last night, so all in all I want the same type of Birthday next year please if anyone is listening lol...right now apologies for the late posting but Mr internet said no to downloads for a while so I just had to be patient and wait...but it seems to be sorted now even if my wireless still isn't working I can at least use the wired version...my card for today is using this amazing Make it Craftydigi called Siren Melody, stunning isn't she, shes coloured with distress inks and I added some glitter to her beautiful tail...the papers are from Prima again (I seem to be on a Prima trip atmdon't I) this time they are from the Madeline paper pad, all I used to finish was some large pearls to match the papers...the fab sketch is from Sketch Saturday challenge and I'm sure there was a couple of other challenge I was going to enter it for but for the life of me cant remember...oh no the memory is shot this morning lol...I'm having a crafting morning today, I need to catch up with a few things...whatever your up to today have a fabulous internet trouble free day
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - evergreen bough
tale - everygreen bough, shabby shutters
shell - victorian velvet

28 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Mina....love the image and great layout.xxx

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card, love the mermaid :o)
Jackie xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Very pretty Mina the image is fab I just love mermaids!! I wish someone would give me a lovely present like that!! Hugs Susan x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous image Mina, and fabulous colouring, love the pearls, they set it all off perfectly..love her sparkly tail..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

She's beautiful Mina, and your colouring is fantastic. Love the layout too xx

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous card.

Marie-Anne

Tammy said...

Wow, what a fabulous birthday gift! No wonder she was so excited! Gorgeous card and I love the colors you used!

Janine - Ellabella said...

WOW!!! This card is AWESOME! Gorgeous coloring and details. ADORABLE!

Irene said...

Beautiful Mina!!
You sure did spoil your daughter, hope she will like Amsterdam (it's soo not what it used to be but hey what is when you're 60 ??).

Hugs and use factor 40 I would suggest those RED people, do they live under the ground and miss all the skin cancer reports???

Irene

Naomi Johnson said...

your cards are always so stunning mina, they always make me feel happy too - wonderful!

Sandi said...

beautiful papers and I love her glittery tail, glad you were able to finally post, I hate puter probs, hugs

Crafty Loops said...

That scarlet pinky red colour that everyone has, I call the Northern Ireland tan, lol. On the rare occasion when Northern Ireland actually gets sun, droves of people lie out in the sun wearing nothing but factor 2 if they are lucky and its sort of like panic buying but in our case, its panic sunbathing, lol as we know the sunshine and heat never lasts long. So everyone ends up getting burnt......The Northern Ireland Tan in a nutshell! lol. This card is beautiful Mina, its making me wanna jump in to the sea, lol. Lee x

My'scardcorner said...

This is so pretty Mina love the mermaid. Glad you got fixed up with internet again eventually. What a lovely birthday pressie for your daughter no wonder she loved it.
Myrax

Jo said...

Gorgeous image, Mina, love all the shimmer!What a fab pressie for your Daughter....hope she has the best time!Waaayy too hot for me...roll on Winter lol!
Hugs Jo x

kbrandy4 said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful image Mina!! I've been soaking up the rays and didn't burn!! Brilliant present for your Daughter, you don't fancy spoiling me too. LOL!!
Hugs Hazel xx

Bernie said...

This is just gorgeous Mina! I love the image and soft colors. Maybe you could send 'the man in charge' across the pond so he could fix things for me. AGH such frustration.
Hugs

cheryl said...

oh mina this is so beautiful the layout is just first class hugs cherylxxxxxx

mags said...

Gorgeous card Mina. The image is, as always, coloured beautifully. Love the papers used.
Glad your daughter liked her birthday pressie, who wouldn't. Sounds like you had a good day.
mags
x

coops said...

so beautiful mina.the image is stunning and i love your colours.
what a fabulus birthday gift you got your daughter :D

xx coops xx

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh she's so pretty ... love her glitzy tail and gorgeous pearls too!
Happy Birthday to your daughter - what a fab pressie, I wouldn't mind one of those myself!!

Andrea said...

Hi Mina
Of course, this is a beautiful card.
Wow, what an amazing birthday present, and a fabulous way to give it - no wonder your daughter was so excited - I would be too!
Have a fab week, and don't get sunburn - I've seen a few red bodies walking about this weekend too! Ooooo, I got badly sunburned once, and it wasn't even sunny LOL! - never again - I couldn't walk properly for about a week!

Love, Andrea xx

Renee B. said...

Wow, what an awesome birthday gift...can I get on your list? LOL
No fear of getting sunburnt here as the cold miserable weather persists. My poor plants for the garden are hiding in the garage as we are supposed to get frost a few nights this week! They will have to wait till next week to get into the ground! Great card!
Hugs,
Renee

Rufus said...

Happy belated Birthday to your DD. What a super mum you are...great present and I can just see her opening all the layers. She's a lucky gal to have you and Mr. Phil, not to mention your darling Dad as a Grandpa!
R/

Colinda said...

Glad your daughter loved her present!! Today the sky's are grey, i hope when your daughter will be visiting Amsterdam the sun is shining again! Beautiful mermaid! Enjoy your day, Colinda

XxJULESxX said...

oh Mina wow factor!!

Sue said...

OH WOW!!! This is absolutely STUNNING. I love that image so much and your colouring is amazing.

Sue

Donna Mosley said...

This is stunning Mina, love the beautiful image & scrummy papers. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

Donna x

tiggertastic said...

what a smashing make and with papers i find so hard to use too
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog
Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Craft Us Crazy ,Bearly Mine Designs and DT Coordinator Kenny K
Guest Designer (MAY) for Sketch Saturday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...