Friday, May 11, 2012

its a double...I really need a diary...

Good morning everyone I hope the weather is a bit better where you are, its has been raining here for about 24 hours and is so so cold...its more January than May...we are off on a sad little jaunt today, Phil's boss gave him today off to go down to the farmhouse to finish off signing documents and papers needed to tie up any loose ends, kinda sad but we have decided to make it a day out and stop a few times at an antique village and for breakfast...we are making this the start of a new chapter rather than the end of one...that's the way to do it don't you think...onwards and upwards...Phil seems ok about things and that would be the only thing I would really worry about...my lovely Dad and I were having our 'PTWTR' coffee yesterday and guess who arrived back, yep you guessed it the 'builders bum' girl, same trousers different top...my Dad says 'Mina go pull that girls trousers up will you its putting me off my tea again', now him being a bit deaf you can imagine how loud that came out lol...he is so dry and funny and always makes me giggle...right now I have to get on as its a double day...

LinkI seriously need to buy myself a diary as I have two Guest spots today so this is quite a long post I'm afraid...soz...I was lucky enough to win a Guest spot on the Fussy & Fancy Friday challenge blog, their theme for this fortnights challenge is Butterflies, Ribbons & Punches and you still have a week to enter it...I chose this amazing Bildmalarna - Tulips stamp and I used her with some of the amazing new Magnolia papers this one is called Magnolia Forget Me Not 12" x 12" Paper, stunning isn't it, I bought the stamp and punch from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the punches I used are a Tonic doily one and the Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, I punched it twice once in white to make a white underlay for it...I finished with a gorgeous blue ribbon...the fab sketch is from the Card Patterns weekly sketch blog

my next card is for the Stamp Fairy Blog who kindly asked me to do a couple of Guest spots for their new releases...how cute is this little fella called Barry Moving and you can get him at the Stamp Fairy shop, I love white teddies so kept him white with shading and a cute pink nose...the lush papers are from My Minds Eye-A Happy Heart 6x6 pad, I bought this at the Kings Hall craft show at a bargain price its such a lush coloured paper pad too, I love it...I finished with a rippled ribbon and bow, a few buttons and a freebie circular sentiment from the Stamp Fairy Shop...the fab sketch is from the Sketch File challenge...phew that was a long one wasn't it, thanks for sticking with me

I used distress inks for both my images of course...btw a few people have asked me about tutorials for distress ink colouring, its not that I dont want to show you all how I do it, its just I'm absolutely rubbish at tutorials and they take me days and days to make, but I promise next week I will sit down and do my best to right out a post explaining the best I can how I do it and what I use if you think it will be of any help...I'm off to put some war paint on now for our little jaunt (I dont even put the bin out without at least masscara and lippy on)...whatever your up to today I hope it stays dry for your and if you have time pop on over to The Stamp Fairy Blog and the Fussy and Fancy Friday challenge blog to see my posts...ooohhhh two in one day how chuffed am I lol
Mina xxx

47 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, you have coloured these images beautifully and incorporated it so creatively into your designs. You go girl with the positive thinking.
Hugs
Desíre
Doing Life

cheryl said...

oh Hun,these are both amazing,your colouring sweetie is just stunning,love the images,and just adore the layouts just perfect.
Just love your stories,Hun you always brighten my day he he can hear your dad now,seeing that girl with the builders,bum he he,hugs Cherylxxxx

Chrissy said...

Two gorgeous cards Mina, beautiful blue floral papers and the sweetist image, and wee Barry, my favourite little Bear, fabulous colouring, and wonderful to have you as a guest on two DT's that I'm on too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

kelly ledder said...

Oh wow two amazing creations there, beautiful colours.

Have a good day x

Doreen said...

reations Mina,beautifully coloured images and designs.xxx

ribenaruby said...

Mina, hi love both your cards! Sorry to hear about the farmhouse but all will be good in the end :)))Loved reading your fab post,thanks for all you do,bit of laughter about your dad starts my day in a good way! Ruby x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Mina this are beautiful! Love the Bildmalarna stamp they are one of my favourites although I have only got about 6! Your moving card is so pretty love how you have done the bow x

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful cards. nice colors and lovely stamps.

Nice weekend.

Hugs Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

My'scardcorner said...

Two beauties Mina and so cute. Enjoy your day with Phil it is still raining here hope it is dry with you.
Myrax

Jo said...

They're both gorgeous, Mina!Hope you have a lovely day.......constant rain here, too.....again lol!
Hugs Jo x

Sazzle said...

Thanks for being our guest designer over at Fussy and Fancy and for bringing us such a gorgeous card :-)

Enjoy your day!

xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

Colinda said...

There great! Love the big bow on the second one. Enjoy your weekend, Colinda

Naomi Johnson said...

Two stunning cards. Love both of them, so different and both wonderful. I hope you had a good day out, finishing off the paperwork for the cottage - as you said, its not about looking back but moving forward and all the future holds x

tilly said...

2 stunning cards but the blue forget-me-nots hits the spot for me lol......pleased you are both happy about letting the farmhouse go, from the pictures you showed us, I am more attached to it than you lol
Tilly

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards as always and those papers are so flipping lush. Have a paper/card fetish at the moment ( well that's as well as stamp, inkpad,glue, DST,glitter and Yankee candle!!!). Have a lovely weekend and look forward to that tutorial x

Liz Hardman

Ink Art Designs said...

Oh wow...even though both cards are stunning, I can't stop looking at the first one! I love all of it!
Dot x

Tammy said...

Both of your cards are absolutely delightful and such sweet images! I really like the papers and butterflies on the first!

Lisa Jane said...

Oh thee 2 are cute .. i just love the top one.. a fab image .
Am still laughing about the builders bum lol
Lisa x

Larisa said...

Absolutely breathtakingly! Beautiful cards.

Unknown said...

Your cards, colours, and whole creations are amazing, I am going to follow you in your journey as they are worth following...☻

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful cards with lovely colours!

Very funny story about the builders bum.

Have a nice weekend.

Irene said...

The blue one is soooooo lovely with that sweet image and the absolutely gorgeous paper and the pink one.....superr cute!!!

Hugs, Irene

Marie-Louise said...

I love both cards but the blue one has such an adorable image and beautiful backing paper.

Carla S. said...

Both cards are delightful, Mina! I love the papers and images you used! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

heidy said...

2 gorgeous cards Mina!!
XXX Heidy

Liz Miller said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot on Fussy and Fancy. Your card for their challenge is beautiful. Love the colour scheme you have chosen.
Liz xx

Jackie Randolph said...

Both cards are absolutely Fabulous Mina!! Gorgeous colors and coloring on both!! So excited to have you joining us at Stamp Fairy as our Guest Designer!!!

Jacki xx

Shazza said...

lovely cards,hope you and hubby had a nice day out and you are so right, it is a new beginning, not a sad ending. LOL at your dad, he sounds great. Have a good weekend x

Lau W said...

I laugh again to hear about your dad and this girl, loool ! :-)
Your cards are beautiful, so nice and so sweet !
Congrats on your guest designer ! :-))
Have a nice week-end !
xxx

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Mina,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

2 stunning cards mina.i love the blue and butterflies one and your bear card is so sweet :D

xx coops xx

Rebecca said...

Hi Mina, your cards are well nice!Especially that adorable little bear! Love from Rebecca xx

susiestacey said...

Hi Mina, lovely cards. Enjoy lifes moments - this is a sentiment stamp l have and how true it is x Have a good weekend Mina and hope you get some warm sunshine x Susan x

arjette said...

Both your cards are soooo beautiful1!!!

gr. arjette.

Mau xx said...

Mina you are the best thing thats happened today.....lol It has poured down all day and then I had to go out and chose a ten minute dry spell, and it decided to have a Hailstorm on me :(
Love your Dad almost as much as you do...lol what a joy he is xx
The Cards are both gorgeous and of course the Blue knocks me out, what a yummy colour.
Hugs Mau XX

crafty-stamper said...

two gorgeous cards but absolutely love the blue one great image and love those butterflies
carol x

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, love your cards, both of them but the first one is my favourite I must admit! I'm doing a candy at the moment and would love it if you would join in! Have a great weekend, hugs Frea

Vicky said...

So beautiful Mina...:o)

hope you have a lovely weekend sweetie...big hugs Vicky xx

mags said...

Two beautiful cards Mina. I think the first one has to be my favourite. Hope today went okay and you had a nice day out. Enjoy your weekend.
Mags
x

Kat said...

Fantastic cards Mina, love the DP on the first one. Both really sweet images.

Kat xx

Lorraine said...

Hi Mina, I've been trying to catch up on your beautiful creations and wonderful stories! I love your coloring of that sweetie, the colors and the butterflies on your first creation and am in love with the teddy on your second card! So cute and love the pink design!

Sherri said...

Two amazing cards! I love them both, but my favorite is the first. The blues are so beautiful & I love the image. I love your attitude of onward & upwards!

Rufus said...

Sounds to me exactly the right way to go about it. Hope that it all went smoothly and breakfast was yummy. 2 more sweet cards. Yes, please would def. love to know how you do it! May not help a bit, but maybe I'll pick up a tid-bit or two! Every little bit helps.
R/

Anna-Karin said...

Wonderful cards! The colouring is fabulous and I love the colour palettes you used and all the details. Thank you for joining us Card Patterns!

XxJULESxX said...

two gorgeous cards Mina!! and thanks for the story with your dad! made me lol!!!

mapowska said...

Super colours and patterns! The bear is so ooo cute ;-D

Grenouille Greetings said...

Too many gorgeous cards, Mina, for me to comment on them all but I have enjoyed catching up with your blog and your wonderful cards! Hugs, Lesley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...