Wednesday, May 02, 2012

just a few more butterflies...

Good morning everyone I hope your all well, we had wall to wall sunshine yesterday and a teeny bit if warmth too...hhhoooorrrraaaayyyy about time too it was fantastic to feel warm sunshine and I even took my coat off lol....Phil didn't stay in bed he was up at 11am so we went out for lunch as he was starving...there's a new shop here called Poundland now who can resist a name like that...I managed to spend £18, Phil's says only I could go to somewhere called Poundland and spend that much, I think he should be thankful I didn't spend more don't you...I bought a huge pair of wallpaper scissors as I use them to cut straight lines instead of my guillotine sometimes and why oh why has the packaging got to be so hard to get into...of course a sharp knife isn't the best thing for me to use and yes you guessed it I stabbed myself and Phil gave me that 'I knew that would happen' look, its sore but it has stopped bleeding bit a bit bruised and its only my thumb and I have a spare lol...anyway onto my card for today which is for our new challenge at Crafts and Me Challenge, this time its our fabulous teamie Sara's choice and she chose 'favourite colour combo'...I don't really have a favourite as I love all and any colours and will try most combos...but I chose Pink & Green as my colour combo...the fabulous image I used is called Butterfly Melody from Crafts and Me, she has such a sweet face doesn't she, I coloured her with distress inks and used this lush double sided paper from BoBunny, its from their Smoochable range and is called Smoochable Stripe...I added a few punched butterflies to match and a gorgeous Satin ribbon 15mm PALE PINK bow from the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop....lush colour isn't it...I finished with a few green roses from my stash...I'm entering this for the Corrosive Challenge (I used Tim Holtz distress inks to colour), Lollipop Crafts challenge and the Prairie Fairy challenge. I'm having a crafting day today and making use of my time while Phil is back to him usual hours and I can punch holes in myself without the 'look' lol...whatever your up to today have a brilliant one and if you have time don't forget to pop on over to the Crafts and Me challenge to see what the rest of our fab team came up with
Mina xxx
distress in colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
dress - spun sugar, shabby shutters
flowers in hair - spun sugar, shabby shutters

42 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is so sweet Mina what a pretty girl just sat there - hope she doesn't fall off!! x

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous creation. Love how the girl is sitting. Hope that finer heels soon. I agree, some of these packaging are loke fort knox!
Hugs
Desire

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Mina. Love the gorgeous papers and the images sitting on the edge of the topper. Beautiful.
Have a lovely day.
Love Sandra xxx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous what you did with the papers, Mina...fab colouring as always!
xxx Margreet

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, you can never have too many flutterbies :o)
Jackie xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,what a great image and papers.xxx

Vicky said...

Simply stunning Mina....:o)

Big hugs Vicky xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Mina,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa Lynn said...

Mina, your card is gorgeous as usual. I always love hearing your stories of the day. I work nights so I can relate since I had lunch today with a friend which was also rather expensive, but then skipped dinner so I felt justified.

Anne said...

She's gorgeous Mina. Coloured beautifully and great papers too. A really pretty card.
Anne x

My'scardcorner said...

Such a pretty dainty card MIna. Yes weve poundland too and as you say some good buys in there. Enjoy your crafting session but mind those scissors, knives guilotine etc.. lol
Myrax

Chrissy said...

I reckon every pair of scissors I have ever bought have a bow in them...none of them have ever cut a straight edge...

This is a gorgeous card Mina, love her hair and pretty face.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card. Such a lovely image and really great backing papers.

cheryl said...

oh Hun,we have a shop too pound land well to be honest we have loads of them round here,so know how quickly you can spend,the money.
As for your card Hun its just gorgeous love that image,and those beautiful papers,and flowers,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Love the colours. £land just you wait until Christmas, you'll spend alot more than £18. Think I should have shares in it the amount I spend there lol

Liz Hardman

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card!

susiestacey said...

Hi Mina, great card l do so love the subtle colouring with distress inks and love this image which is ideal for teenagers. Take care and hope you don't have any more mishaps with blades x Susan x

Christine L said...

Hi Sweetie

Poundland.... my very favourite shop (well, after craft shops..), and I'm with you! I can spend loads there! Awwww to you stabbing yourself... but I love your tales!

Gorgeous card.... all pink and girly... just up my street!

Hugs
Christine x

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Mina what a sweet image and love the butterflies Hugs Elaine

mags said...

Lovely card Mina. Great image and coloring. Love the colour combo and the way you have the girl sitting on the frame. Thanks for sharing with us at Corrosive Challenges.
Mags
x

Teresa said...

Absolutely beautiful card Mina and I know what you mean about the wrapping around scissors, you need scissors to get into the scissors lol!
Hope your hand feels better. Teresa xx

Tammy said...

Adorable! Love how the butterfly sits on her finger. Very pretty colors too.

Sonia said...

Hi Mina
Lovely image, great colors, love it.
Fabby creation hun!~
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. Good Luck!~
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

tilly said...

this is so pretty in pink with the little green flowers, have a good day
Tilly

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

So beautiful Mina! Love the pretty colours. Oh no! Can't believe you stabbed yourself silly duffer :P Hope it is ok!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Mina! I love the colors and papers! Wonderful coloring of the pretty image!

Unknown said...

what a lovely image she looks so innocent....and yep i hate the packaging and no not a good idea to use a knife..i used my pointed tool once and that hit me in the tummy..i was sitting at the time..lol!!!why do they make it so difficult to get in..all boils down i reckon to the *crazies* that might want buy them and go around stabbing someone me thinks..but hopefully by the time theve opened them there victim will have run-away lets hope they did ..what a world all boils down to security ....hugs sassyx

heidy said...

Gorgeous Mina!!!
Love your coloring!!
XXXHeidy

Becky Dunham said...

What a sweet card Mina! I LOVE this image - so adorable! Reminds me of my daughters when they were younger. Love the butterflies too!

Mau xx said...

This is so sweet Mina, love the candy pink and the image is adorable.
hope the thumb gets better soon x
We have poundlands all over the place here ..some great bargains especially cleaning items :)
Hugs Mau xx

Andrea said...

Such a gorgeous card Mina - she reminds me of Barbie!
No more holes in your hand please LOL!
Take care.
Love, Andrea xx

Flowergirl said...

Beautiful card, she is so pretty x
Wendy x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card !
Nice colours.

Mel said...

Ohhh Mina

This is super amazing!I love your wee image with the butterflies ready to catch! The colour is fab!
Thanks for having wee me on as GDT!
Hugs Melly xxx

Jo said...

So pretty in pink!Gorgeous card, Mina.We have Poundland, too.....don't think i've ever spent less than a tenner in there!They have some great bits at Christmas for crafting!
Hugs Jo x

Donna said...

Ouch! Sounds very painful, I know exactly the packaging your talking about, pain in the butt, why do they make it like that? Beautiful card and lovely colours. Donna x

June Nelson said...

Wow how clever is this I love this xxxxx

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww a very pretty card, she looks beautiful, lovely colour combo, sue,x

Hanneke said...

Love the color combo Mina! The image is so pretty as well as your coloring! Hugs, Hanneke

coops said...

gorgeous card mina.stunning sweet image and i love your colours and design :D

xx coops xx

Renee B. said...

Hi Mina; another beautiful card! Your coloring & choice of papers is always so perfect! Our weather is starting to warm up enough that hubby & I had coffee out on the deck this morning (& a little glass of wine in the afternoon!) Hope that thumb is better soon...no more cutting with knives!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oh so pretty in pink! Hugs, Lesley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...