Tuesday, September 25, 2012

another mystery paper...

Good morning everyone me again...are you fed up with the virtual me yet lol...this image reminds me so much of Christmas when our Daughter was younger, every single year it was a tradition to trim the tree on the 1st December and she was in charge of getting all the sparkly things out of the boxes...I loved it so much and after we had finished trimming the tree Phil's job was to put the star on the top and switch on the lights...there's something very infectious about the excitement of a child at Christmas, you can almost feel what they feel...right now onto my card for toda and yet another mystery paper...now I can remember buying this and where, I can even remember I bought some Thickers with it too...but cant for the life of me remember the name or make...my memory has finally given up lol...this fabulous image is one of the new Sugar Nellie Christmas digis...this cutie is called Sparkle & Shine...I coloured her with distress ink and used the colours in the papers for her outfit...I finished with a deep strip of lace, pink ribbon and a green satin ribbon...I really like this colour combo for Christmas don't you...the sentiment is from another Crafty Inspirations stamp set from Funky Kits too...the sketch is another from Mojo Monday...have a wonderful day today everyone just me a comment and tell me what you think of today's card
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
outfit and shoes - milled lavender, stormy sky
box and baubles - antique linenm peeled paint milled lavender, victorian velvet, bundled sage

19 comments:

Chrissy said...

I miss the children and decorating the tree with them now they are all grown up and have their own children to help them...but I do put mine up with the dog, he just sits there and watches every single thing I pick out of the box, then the lights go on, and he slinks back to his couch..probably thinking thanks goodness that drama is over..lol..dear Harry..

Gorgeous card Mina,thanks for the memory...beautiful colouring, and such a cute image.

luv CHRISSYxx

cebelica said...

This image is really cute. And I love how you colored it. I really should give a try coloring with distress inks! Very beautiful card! Hugs! xx

Dawn said...

Just beautiful Mina! I love those papers too!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Adriana said...

It's a beautiful card again. Nice mystery paper!

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jackie said...

Gorgeous cards since my last visit Mina. Alas, my holiday has come to and end now, I have to go back to work tomorrow BooHoo :o)
Jackie xx

Mieke'S said...

Beautiful card.
Superb paper and colors.
Greetings Mieke'S

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, I love your card, beautiful paper and like the colours so much!
Have a great day, Hugs Ageeth xx

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card ,love the papers to.
Gr, Elly

My'scardcorner said...

Pretty card you ar right on it reminding you of children sat christmas love how youve used the lace. Hope you are making the most of your hols as it is pouring down over here.
Myrax

Sharon said...

I still get as excited trimming the tree as when I was a child. Super cute image and those papers are gorgeous as is the bow.
Hugs Sharon. x

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.really sweet image and i love your papers and colours.
i love decorating the tree still and my boyo only likes to hang the choc decorations.lol :D

xx coops xx

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Mina! I love the papers and layout! Fantastic coloring of the adorable image!

Mojca said...

Oh waw what a gorgeous image and just love the papers and colors that you chose. Hugs! Mojca

Lau W said...

Superb card, love your sweet colouring, and love your mystery papers ;-))
have a great day !
xxx

Vivi Morais said...

Hi, Mina!!!
I loved this card!!! The paper is fantastic too!!! The colors are beautiful!!! Congrats!!!

Sonia said...

Wonderful card, Just wonderful:)
Lovely image and gorgeous papers:)
Hugs,
Sonia

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Mina
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Marianne said...

Great papers and image, Mina. Love how you've combined all the colours. Very festive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...