Friday, September 14, 2012

listen for the sirens...

Good morning everyone...well the busted sofa look has gone thank goodness and at least I'm tidy and presentable for our holidays much to Phil's relief...thank you all so so much for the lovely comments on the house photos yesterday, you all seem to really like what we are doing...btw for the couple of people who mentioned it the sofas aren't leather they are like a tweedy type fabric...oh btw when I was leaving for the hairdressers yesterday guess what happened the front door lock broke, it was just spinning and wouldn't lock at all, luckily Phil had replaced the glass in the porch door (remember he had to smash when I got locked out) and it has bolt locks inside so at least I got out...I think we have a lock gremlin lurking in the skirting boards waiting to see which one he can sabotage next lol...my Dad keeps telling people that he was cheeky to me and I gave him the black eye before laughing and saying that he did it on the car door...I fully expect the police to arrive to arrest me for assault so am listening for the sirens, he thinks its hilarious lol...right now onto my card for today...I must admit I have a real soft spot for these gorgeous Morehead stamps...now look at that hat and the cut dungarees, how cute is she...this is part of the Morehead Acrylic Stamp Set - Raindrops set and the sentiment is from the same set too...I used more of my favourite pad, I love this Carta Bella - Beautiful Moments 6x6 Paper Pad and I'm going to be gutted when its all used up...the little banner I stamped onto is cut from the same pad too...I finished with some lush white satin trimmed organza ribbon and a bow, a rose from the Flat Back Rose Cabochons - Mixed Bag and a few gems from the Mixed Bag Clear Flat Acrylic Round Gems - 3mm, 4mm & 5mm...everything expect the ribbon is from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the fab sketch is from Sketch Saturday and I'm also entering it for the Bearly-mine challenge and Try it on Tuesday challenge too...right I'm finishing my posts for while I'm away, oh and btw I will have more candy on offer on Sunday after the newest candy finishes...whatever your up to listen for the sirens then follow as fast as possible to get me out lol
Mina xxx



distress ink colours used
skin - antique ;inen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - frayed burlap
hat - spun sugar
outfit - pumice stone, victorian velvet, frayed burlap
boots - frayed burlap
flower - scattered straw, crushed olive

33 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Glad you are looking all glam now lol.. fab card .. i just love both the image and the papers
Lisa x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous. I love the cute image and the papers are fabulous

Sue

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card.

Eret said...

Your coloring is always so gorgeous. Love your style. And your cutting of the design paper is so precice. It goes so well with the image.
Hugs,
Eret

kelly ledder said...

Beautiful card. love the colours and the sentiment is so pretty done that way. Hope your locks get sorted out what a nuisance!

Sue said...

Beautiful card Mina,very cute image.
Think of it this way,its good to get new locks when you buy a new place lol
Sue xx

Irene said...

Gorgeous card Mina, fingers X-ed you won't have rain on the holidays (we are leaving for Rome next week........luckily the bloody heat is gone so we hope it will stay this way!) and the house is looking fab...LOVE the colour in the bathroom!!!!

Hugs, Irene

Adriana said...

Lovely story:-) Beautiful card today! Great coloring!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Mina. Such a cutie image and lovely background.
Love Sandra xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card and a cute image!

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Mina and that image is so cute, love it....xxx

Riet said...

Ohhh Mina,What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

My'scardcorner said...

This is so sweet Mina love how youve used the backing paper.Glad you are sorted for your hols you deserve it enjoy.
Myrax

Kara Lynne said...

For some reason, Blogger won't let me see your photos today, sorry.

KandA said...

Fabulous card. This image is so cute and I love the colours xx

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.stunning pretty colours and the image is really sweet :D

xx coops xx

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.stunning pretty colours and the image is really sweet :D

xx coops xx

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.stunning pretty colours and the image is really sweet :D

xx coops xx

Anne said...

Playing catch up after me jollies Mina:)
Love this sweet image and as always your colouring is fab. A smashing card.
Enjoy your hols sweetie
Anne x

mags said...

Another beautiful card Mina. Hope you get your locks sorted.
Mags
x

Wendy said...

Adorable and so gorgeous Mina.
Wendy xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Adorable Mina! I love how you have added your birdie and sentiment with this cutie! Thank you for coming to play at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs, Lesley

Rufus said...

Glad to hear that you'll be looking all lovely for your holiday. That is, of course, if you aren't locked up in the hoosegow! LOL. You do sound like you've got lock gremlins lurking. Maybe they'll get bored while you are on holiday and go live with somebody else.
R/

Turtle In The Sand said...

Too cute. Ilove this little darling.

A Casa di Ale said...

CIAO MINA DOLCISSIMA L'IMMAGINE CHE HAI SCELTO E MOLTO BELLI I COLORI

CIAO DA ALE

Jan said...

What an adorable card xx Jan

caroline said...

oh so sweet, love the background, gorgeous card
caroline x

Sharon said...

Beautiful and so darn cute. Love your colouring and the papers. May have to put this stamp on my wish list.
Hugs Sharon.x

Marianne said...

Adorable Mina. Love how you've used the PP. I bought this pad last month (at 20% off) but haven't broken it in yet. Might have to do some serious browsing on your blog for ideas LOL.

ellyscard creatief said...

Dit is een hele mooie kaart met prachtige zachte tinten.
Gr, Elly

Mau xx said...

Hi Glamour puss, I bet you are looking all gorgeous and ready for your jollies.
Your Dad is hilarious! what a great sense of humour he has xxxx
Love the card, the papers and colours are gorgeous. The image is just adorable and love your DI colouring, you do it so well Mina.
Hugs Mau xx

Angela Weimer said...

Such a cute card. Love the background it is very eye catching. Hope you get your lock fixed. Thanks for joining us at TIOT and have a fab day. Angela

Unknown said...

I have to agree with you the stamp is gorgeous, thanks playing along with TioT this fortnight
hugs
Ildiko

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...