Saturday, September 15, 2012

they dont all bite...

Good morning everyone do you have anything exciting planned for the weekend...my Sister and her family are visiting from Belfast, its the first time she has seen our new house, I wish it was a bit more finished before she saw it but she has imagination and can see what we will do with it, oh and I must make some jelly and fruit this morning for my Niece and Nephew, I always make them some and make the jelly with fruit juice, its better than getting them sweets which my Sister isn't keen on them having and of course they love it too...well hopefully anyway lol...I'm all finished with my cards for posting while we are away...phew that was a mega making session or two so I hope you will all visit to see what I have made...I still haven't started packing or even doing the ironing for packing yet, but Phil says he will do the ironing while I finish my posts, now that's love for you isn't it...right now onto my card for today how gorgeous is this little sweetie from Saturated Canary, shes the one with fangs and is called No Bites...I coloured her with distress inks and used this fantastic shimmering double sided paper from S.E.I., I don't know what its called though but love the colour, I finished with a flower cut from the paper and a fabulous orange bow...the sketch is last weeks from Dutch Dare challenge but luckily my girlie card fits with this weeks challenge from them, I'm also entering it for the Saturated Canary Challenge (touch of blue and bow) and Shelly's images blog challenge...I'm off to Town this morning to buy those last second buys you forget when your off travelling, now you know what I mean don't you, we always have a little list of last minuet buys...please tell me you all have one too and its not just my forgetful head lol...whatever your up to today I hope you have a brilliant day
Mina xxx
p.s. todays the last day for entering my candy and theres a new one tomorrow

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - pumice stone
eyes - tumbled glass
dress - mix of tattered rose & milled lavender
shoes and heart - milled lavender
apron - pumice stone, spiced marmalade, spun sugar
bow - spiced marmalade
puppy - pumice stone, spun sugar

26 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Well, it's 11:18 pm on Friday evening here in Vancouver Canada...so I am not sure if the candy is closed.

Have fun with your sister and family. I am sure she will see the house through your descriptions of future plans!

Great card...I don't know how you find time with doing up the new house. Good on you!!!

Maris said...

hi Mina, cutie pie this is, have a great weekend with your sister xx

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a lovely image! Your card is beautiful!
Hugs Jacqueline

My'scardcorner said...

This is so lovely Mina I love SC girls. Enjoy your sisters visit and last minute shop today
Myrax

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Mina. I love the sweet image and the pretty colours

Hugs Sue

Chrissy said...

She is lovely Mina, and just love her little dog, he is so cute.Fabulous colouring, and have a wonderful weekend with your sister.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Mina,love this cute image and fab papers.
Have a lovely time with your Sister and family.
No you are not alone with last things to do lists.
Hugs Sue xx

Shirl said...

Have a nice weekend Mina, love your posts x

Marie-Louise said...

Such a cute image and really lovely card.

If you don't mind my asking - where do you get husbands that do ironing??????

Lisa Jane said...

aww whata sweetie and gorgeous colours
Have a great day
Lisa x

cebelica said...

Beautiful card Mina. great design! Hugs! xx

Jan said...

These colours work great together fab card xx Jan

Mojca said...

Waaaaaw a real cutie!!! I love the colores and a cute cute image. Hugs! Mojca

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Mina.

Hugs Riet.xx

caroline said...

love the card Mina
caroline xxx

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.fantastic bol colours and the image is really sweet ;D

xx coops xx

Sonia said...

Just lovely card dear Mina:) Cute image and gorgeous colors:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Mina, sorry it's long time no visit but I've been very busy starting a new job and getting ready for college etc etc! Hope all well with the house and that it's really starting to feel like home. Love your card. I wasn't sure about the image when I first saw her over at SC, but I love how you've coloured her - she looks adorable! Happy Sunday, Jo x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, love your colours too, thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary this time hugs Pops x x x

Linda . J said...

This is stunning, fabulous colours and details!perfectly gorgeous and the papers are beautiful!

Have agreat time with your family.
Hugs Linda

Mau xx said...

What stunning colours Mina, I love the papers and image and that Bow is lush.
Hugs mau xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

so lovely card! hugs, Helena

Min said...

Beautiful work!
Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week at Shelly's Images. We hope you'll join us again this week and play along!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

June Nelson said...

Wow this is fabulous Mina love it, thanks for joining us this week at saturated canary, its lovely to have you hunnie, big huggie June xxxxxxxxxxxx

Eva Marie said...

So gorgeous!!
Thanks for playing at DDCC
xx

Denimo said...

Awww... so sweet. LOVE what you've done with that sweet image. Great job! So glad you could join our Saturated Canary challenge. Good luck!
Hugs, Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...