Tuesday, September 04, 2012

everyone hang your head...

Good morning everyone how are you all...well and happy I hope...before anything else please bow your heads for a second and join in a moments silence for Harry...yes Harry the Hitchhiker is no more...he met a not too dignified end on the sole of Phil's shoe bless him, there was a lot of screaming and running involved and it wasn't from Harry or Phil lol...but on a happier note I can now go into one of the spare rooms and empty boxes (oh no I haven't got an excuse now lol)...well our bathroom is decorated and Phil thinks its finished, men dont realise the little touches that make a room do they, I think they think it just happens lol...so a shopping trip for little extras is needed, I'm hovering between either pink gingham curtains and rose trims sewn onto cream towels (I gave up wishing for the Cath Kidston ones, way too much) or plain towels and rose fabric curtains and accessories....hhhhhmmmm will have to think about it a bit more I think I would love to know what you think, did you all join in my new candy yet its a good one for all you die cutting fans so pop below and join in if you haven't already...right now onto my card for today...I love the Simply Adorables from Sugar Nellie don't you and I keep going back to colour them, I think because they are digis you can make them different sizes and reuse then differently each time...this is the stunning Verity standing coloured with distress inks...I kept the design really simple to show off this stunning paper from the beautiful Kaisercraft - Sweet Nothings 6.5"x6.5" Paper Pad I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...I used some American Crafts Thickers letters aged with distress inks for the pink sentiment and finished with a few of the butterflies from the paper cut out for embellishments...I think this is about as clean and simple as my designs get lol, I'm entering this for the Cutie Pie Challenge, Paper Pretties challenge and Simon Says Stamp Challenge too...right I'm off out with my lovely Dad for coffee and food shopping today, I hate food shopping don't you, I think its trying to think of what to make for dinners etc that bores the hell out of me...whatever your up to today have a brilliant one and watch out for any of Harry's little friends
Mina xxx
p.s. sorry about the bad photos but it was getting dull when I took them, I will retake them if or when we get any sun today


distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen, frayed burlap
outfit - spun sugar, crushed olive, victorian velvet
shoes - victorian velvet, pumice stone
ribbon - shabby shutters

38 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Mina,

I really love this design - just so perfect for those gorgeous papers that you don't want to cover up!

Sharon x

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, so pretty and girly :o)
R.I.P. poor Harry, I'll bet he was more frightened of you than you were of him...
Jackie xx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Mina, love the papers and butterflies, and such a gorgeous image..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Hiya Mina, beautiful card.Love the image and butterflies.
Hope Harry's rellys dont turn up for the send off lol
Have a great day. Hugs Sue xx

cebelica said...

Hmmm, if you want my opinion, I'd go with plain towels and rose fabric curtains and accessories. But that's me. I'm sure that whatever you decide, you'll get your bathroom to look very nice. :)
Your card turned out beautifully. You know I am crazy about butterflies and I like pink too. So what more could I wish for? lol Fab work! Hugs! xx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card. The backing paper is superb. A very cute image - very pretty.

Janette said...

Poor old Harry may he R.I.P....lol....
Oh I ADORE this one Mina, so very pretty and simply gorgeous......
As for your bathroom, well I love pretty towels, but I DO have a gingham fetish...no good asking me, I'm sure whatever you do will look good.xx

mags said...

Beautiful card Mina. Love the image and those gorgeous papers and butterflies.
Mags
x

Grenouille Greetings said...

We got Harriet yesterday. Same species but I think she might have been Arian. Unusually blonde! Super pink girlie, Mina. Looking forward to seeing your bathroom when it's finished. Both ideas sound fab! Hugs, Lesley

Kim said...

the towels story made me laugh! I couldn't afford the Cath Kidston ones - so got plain white M&S ones & stitched a strip of CathK fabric & some lace edging on them lol!
love the pink card! those papers are scrummy!
Kim x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina another beautiful card, I love the soft pink of this one.
Its a shame you dont have my hubby as I will shout and he will come running with a plastic box to pick up spiders then turn them outside. Though he always complains they are indoor spiders and dont take to kindly to being shooed outside, I dont care as long as they arnt crawling on the ceiling about me. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Sue said...

Stunning card Mina. I love the image and the papers are so pretty

Sue

Mojca said...

Oh waw this is so pretty Mina. And yes I don't like food shpping, because of the long lines in the shopping centers, yuk! Happy for you that MR. Spider is gon :))) Hope you'll have a gret day. Hugs! Mojca

KandA said...

Wow, wow, wow. I love this card. The background paper is oh so pretty and I love the clean and simple layout xx

heidy said...

I can see you running and screaming around the house Mina lol
Beautiful card as always!!
XXX Heidy

coops said...

so beautiful mina.gorgeous pretty paper and design and i love the sweet image ;D

xx coops xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Mina.

Hugs Riet.xx

My'scardcorner said...

This is so spretty Mina love the butterflies. Enjoy your catch up with your Dad.
Myrax

Jane said...

Fabulous! xx

Lau W said...

Oh love this image, so sweet, romantic, girly ! Your card is superb Mina !
I know that your bathroom will be superb !!!
xxx

kbrandy4 said...

Oh Wow Mina!! Love the way you have coloured her and the gorgeous paper and butterflies!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

Kara Lynne said...

Such a beautiful, soft color pallet. That little girl is precious. Sorry for Harry, but happy for you, whew! Can't wait to see the bathroom finished, and yes, food shopping is one of my least favorite things to do. All that money and we're just going to eat it!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card, Mina! I love the soft pinks and the beautiful image! Glad Harry met his end so you can move on with your unpacking!

Denise said...

Stunning card Mina - such beautiful paper and really adorable image.
Hugs
Denise xx

Debbie said...

Really beautiful card Mina.Such soft and subtle colours and papers.Stunning.Hope you're okay.Hugs Debbie x

Sonia said...

What a delicate card:) Beautiful and sweet:)
Hugs,
Sonia

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful feminine card beautiful papers and gorgeous image beautifully coloured love the butterflies too-I hate food shopping and planning meals too!!!
carol x

Lin said...

What a sweet card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Vivi Morais said...

Gorgeous card!! Congrats!!

Rufus said...

I love that whole line of digi's. Don't own them, I'm afraid I couldn't color 'em up well enough to do them justice. What can I say I'm chicken!! Had a moment of silence for Harry the Hitchhiker. I remember the picture you showed of one of his kin,{{shudder}}. I hate the darn things...so where do I live? In the darn world capital of arachnids, that's where! Anyhow, love how you've colored her up, wish I could peek over your shoulder while you do it!
R/

Lisa xx said...

gorgeous card Mina, so subtle and pretty, thank you for joining in with the cutie pies

Turtle In The Sand said...

Poor Harry Lucky Mina! I love these Sugar Creek images. They are totally gorgeous.

ang said...

gorgeous card that paper is stunning angxxx

Mary Lou said...

Gorgeous layout and love these SA images!!

Miradormakings said...

This is stunning Mina i love the image and the papers it is all so gorgeous.

Joan x

Jennifer said...

I so agree that the little extra touches do make the room! and the card! Love the way you've highlighted the butterflies and the way you've coloured this little sweetheart!

Ann said...

Perfect Mina i adore Verity and a few of her sisters and brothers!! I agree re the background papers sometimes less is more! TFS

ellyscard creatief said...

Erg mooie kaart met mooie zachte kleuren.
Gr. Elly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...