Thursday, September 06, 2012

who says pumkins have to be orange...

Good morning everyone...oooohhhhh I forgot to tell you yesterday, have a look at Craftin Ireland online Im this months featured crafter, how chuffed am I...well you were all so right I made up yesterday for my lazy day the day before...I emptied all the boxes from the bathroom and toiletries, hung the gorgeous bargain mirror I bought for it (pictures tomorrow), hung the light fitting, built two chests of drawers, made a pasta sauce for dinner and made four cards...phew...that will teach me lol...now I need at least three days off I reckon I'm shattered...it must have been catching too as Phil came home early and decided to paint the trim and step at the front of the house and he did it all too, well all the downstairs trim he will need much bigger ladders for the top one...Phil and ladders don't mix very well he once painted some wood trim on our first house and the old ladders collapsed while he was doing it, he was fine thank goodness but he was totally covered head to foot in dark wood varnish the poor man, plus we never did get all the stain out of the newly laid paving so you can why I'm dreading him getting up there...right now onto my card for today and yes I know pumpkins are meant to be orange but I just couldn't resist paper piecing this fantastic little cutie from CC Designs called Punkin Beatrice, isnt she a real sweetie...I coloured her with distress inks and the lush papers I used for the card and paper piecing are from the stunning My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing - Bluebell 6x6 Pad, this is a gorgeous pad...the stamp and pad are from Bunny Zoe's Crafts , I finished with a glitzy bow and a ceramic sentiment...the fab sketch is from the Totally Gorjuss challenge and I'm also entering it for the Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge and Simon Says Stamp challenge too...its supermarket day today with my lovely Dad, I really should buy shares in that chain lol...whatever your up to today have a brilliant one and watch out for flying varnish
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tatered rose
hair - antique linen
paper piecing shadin - pumice stone
sleeves, stalk and shoes - shabby shutters

31 comments:

Maris said...

hi Mina , what a cutie xx

Irene said...

Mina this is soooooooo cute, love the image and the papers........well just everything!!!

xx Irene

Squirrel x said...

As always Mina, your paper piecing is perfection. A cutie indeed! xx

Sue said...

Awww, fabulous card Mina, love this cute image.
Have a lovely day with your Dad.
Hugs Sue xx

Sue said...

Such a lovely card Mina. The image is just adorable and I love the soft colours.

Congrats on being featured in the magazine too.

hugs Sue

Mojca said...

Oh a gorgeous card! I love the papers and your colouring and she is a real sweetie. I also like how you did the sentiment. Hugs! Mojca

Naomi Johnson said...

This is just too cute! what a sweetie and I love the papers!

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Hi Mina
Gorgeous and so sweet!
Hugs
Chris x

Annette said...

Aawww how cute is that image love the layout and the beautiful colours xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Mina,I love the image and the papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Donna said...

Adorable little card Mina, I was wondering if you could sneeze into a tissue and post it to me as I want to catch whatever it is that you have lol, I just can't get myself motivated today. Donna x

Chrissy said...

Awww..he is so cute Mina and love the colours, gorgeous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.i love the adorable image and beautiful soft colours :D

xx coops xx

Carla S. said...

This is adorable, Mina! Love the soft colors and darling image!

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Mina and hes so cute too,love the colours,congrats on being a featured crafter whooo well deserved.
Hugs Linda

Bernie said...

Beautiful Card Mina! So soft and yummy.
When I was very little I got into some varnish, got myself cleaned except for one little spot behind my leg. Went to Mom in tears only to find out that spot was a birthmark. Fortunately the rest was on the lawn so no clean up there. Take it easy, don't want you over doing it.
Hugs
Bernie

Lau W said...

Oh you're very busy !!
Congrats for the magazine, super news !!!
Your card is adorable, so sweet !
xxx

kbrandy4 said...

Congratulations Mina and your card is so cute, love that image!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

Renee B. said...

Hi Mina, I read all about you in Craftin Ireland the other day....lovely article! Your card is adorable....& pumpkins don't have to be orange....I have a friend who grows giant pumpkins & some of them are white...will have to ask her to try a patterned one like yours! Very cute!
Hugs, Renee

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a busy day especially as you built two chestes of drawers, was that from scratch, ha ha. I adore this cutie and love rhe soft colours. Your story did make me smile re the ladder

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Cute card Mina, the image is so lovely and the papers are wonderful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Sonia said...

Wowwww what a sweet cute card my lovely creative:)
This image is Just Adorable:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Loz said...

:) oh she so cute! love the paper-piecing

Rufus said...

Adorable! You're posts always make me smile...just wanted to say thanks for today's smile...I needed it!
R/

Kara Lynne said...

Perfect paper piecing on that little pumpkin! Such a sweet card!

XxJULESxX said...

Gorgeous cute card Mina!!! love the colours!

Diane's Card Designs said...

Awww....such a sweet image! Love the layout and colours. The ribbon also looks gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at LCI Challenge this fortnight.
Diane xx

Turtle In The Sand said...

What a darling little Pumpkin Puss. Off to check out the Crafting Ireland link. Congrats Mina. I guess Phil and the ladder got along ok. I didn't here amy screaming.

Miradormakings said...

This is a great image too - where do you find them lovely card.

Joan x

A Casa di Ale said...

CIAO MINA DOLCE IL TIMBRO SCELTO MOLTO BELLI I COLORI

CIAO DA ALE

Plastic cards said...

Image is perfect but shades and objects for embellishment supports a lot...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...