Sunday, September 02, 2012

massive hug...

Good morning everyone hows your weekend going?, I hope your having a brilliant one...hands up everyone who thought I wouldn't have a day off from the house?...well your sorta right lol...I did go shopping and bought some new red nail varnish, tried on shoes (didn't buy any) but couldn't find any clothes I wanted to brave the packed changing rooms to try on...then...off to buy paint for the house and drag poor Phil around a wallpaper shop...so I sorta didn't do anything in the house, well I did try to empty another bag but found out we have a hitchhiker, the downstairs bedroom has been our unpacking room so I went in to tackle some more and discovered when I moved a pile of cushions out flew one of the great big spiders we had at the old house, I dropped the bag on my leg and we ran in separate directions, Phil had a hunt but found nothing, my leg now has seven large lovely coloured bruises...I'm going to go on holiday looking like I just stepped out of a boxing ring at this rate...I told Phil I'm not emptying anything else from that room until he produces a body I can identify as Harry the Hitchhiker lol...right now onto my card for today, nobody else but Mo could produce this fantastic image could they, look at that massive hug she has for her Dad...how stunning is this Love You Daddy b image and perfect for a birthday for any lovely Dad...this is the ethnic version of the image so I did the skin darker, don't know if I managed it well enough though...I used my usual distress inks and teamed it up with these stunningly coloured papers from the Basicgrey Origins Collection called Relaxation...I finished with some brown gingham ribbon, a button and a glittery heart charm...the fabulous sketch is from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge...well I'm off to see if I can pick up some bargains at one of local garden centres today we need a few things to tidy up the front of the house and add a bit of interest...whatever your up to today watch out for any of Harry's big friends
Mina xxx
p.s. I will be back a bit later to announce the paper candy winner and tell you about my next candy so will speak to you then

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tea dye, tattered rose
hair - frayed burlap
girls outfit - shabby shutters, scattered straw
mans outfit - pumice stone, crushed olive, frayed burlap, shabby shutters
flowers - scattered straw, shabby shutters

38 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Mina. What a gorgeous card. Fabulous colours and a beautiful detail, great image too.
Love Sandra xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Mina love your card its so bright and cheery and that heart is divine! Enjoy your day x

Irene said...

Not in real but with this yummie card summer is back Mina!!
Take care, no more boo-boo please!!!!

Irene

Jackie said...

Beautiful card Mina. I had to laugh at the hitchhiker bit, he couldn't bear to let you go without him :o)
Jackie xx

Chrissy said...

I hope that spider did not follow you Mina, to the new house...eeek..
Fabulous image and colouring, love those papers, beautiful colour.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

I love this card Mina. The image is delightful and the colours are so beautiful.
I hope you have a good Sunday
Hugs Sue

heidy said...

What a sweet card Mina!!
Hope he's alone !!!
XXX Heidy

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a cute image, I love your card, beautiful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Janette said...

Oh that image is so sweet, look at her beautiful little face, yes, only Mo could do that, but you made it come to life Mina, love the colour combo too...
Hope you get the spider, oh I can't be doing with them at all...xxx

Colinda said...

Gorgeous card!
Enjoy your sunday, Colinda

My'scardcorner said...

Such a pretty csrd mina love the heart and image.
Myrax

Grenouille Greetings said...

Last week was a good week. The 10 days before that was a terrible time - we had 8 of those arachnasaurs in that period. It was almost one every day over the period and I was a nervous wreck! It's going to be damp today and I'm expecting a 9th! Hope you only took the one with you! LOVE YOUR CARD!! Hugs, Lesley

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Mina,love the fabulous image.Lush papers.
So Harry must have not wanted you to leave him behind then lol
Have a lovely day.
Hugs Sue xx

KandA said...

Perfect colouring and you're right about that being such a fab image xx

Kim said...

fantastic card, love that image! glad to know settling in going ok - even with uninvited 8-legged guests!
Kim x

caroline said...

hi Mina,
i would have ran i hate spiders, hope your legs ok.
great card love the colouring.

caroline xxx

Tammy said...

Sweet card, wish I could give my dad a hug!

Riet said...

Oh Mina,What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Keep up with the excellent posts. Thanks

Mojca said...

Oh you really made me laugh with your post today :))) Hope you found the spider though and that you leg is better. The card is absolutely gorgeous and the image is just fabulous. Hugs! Mojca

Kara Lynne said...

Great job with that skin and hair. It looks just right. Such a wonderful card, love the paper.

Nannieflash said...

Oh wow Mina that is just stunning, I love how youve coloured her and your papers are just gorgeous.
I do hope you managed to rid yourself of your unwelcome hiker. hugs Shirleyxxx

Vivi Morais said...

Hi, Linda!!

I loved it, I loved it, I loved it!!

Fantastic!!!

Turtle In The Sand said...

You can just feel the love in this image. Precious. Great choice of yellow because it is certainly a joyful card.

I had to read your post about the painting to my husband. Sounds so much like our house. He got a good chuckle about the dinner part.

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.i love bold yellow colour and the image is stunning :D

xx coops xx

Julie said...

FAbulous, Mina! Love the image, and your soft colouring suits these papers perfectly!! Wishing lots of happiness in your new home and have a fab holiday! I'm back to work after a week off tomorrow! :( Juliexx

Kathie said...

Hi Mina your card is just awesome. I love this image and it would have been perfect for a card here in New Zealand yesterday as it was Father's Day. I have two boys so that wouldn't have worked LOL. Love your colours and papers and your skin tone is just perfect. Great card as usual and thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Heide said...

Mina,
Such a happy fun card! So glad you could join us at SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Wowza, this sure is gorgeous!! Love your image, your coloring is spot on, and all those lovely yellow papers. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh how sweet. Love your embellishments. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!!

milena60 said...

Никогда не видела такого щтампа..как мило...

milena60 said...

Никогда не видела такого щтампа..как мило...

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card with a lovely stamp. So sweet.

Hugs Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.nl/

Renee B. said...

Hi Mina...one of Harry's friends found it's way to my house! I spent Thurs. in the hospital emergency room getting IV antibiotics for a severe reaction to a spider bite! My leg was all swollen, hot & red & hurt like mad!! The scariest part of it all was I didn't even see the culpret or feel the bite....that beast could still be lurking somewhere waiting for a chance to chomp on my other leg! I'm sleeping with one eye open these days!
Hugs, Renee
PS...your card is lovely!

mulberry station said...

What an amazing card! I love how you colored it up. Your card truely bring a smile to my face the moment I saw your card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

What an adorable image and you captured it perfectly with your coloring and the great papers and embellishments you used! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

Mina you are a coloring expert! This is such a delightful card starting with that wonderful MM image and your perfect selection of papers to go with it. Such a happy card. Thanks for playing in the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Denise said...

Love this glorious yellow creation. That is one cute image and so beautifully coloured.
Hugs
Denise xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...