Wednesday, September 12, 2012

just when you think its all over...it isnt...

Good morning everyone, I hope your all well and happy...oooohhhh I forgot to tell you yesterday my lovely Dad was getting out of his car on Monday and tripped, he hit the edge of the door with his eye and he has a massive shiner, the poor thing looks like he has gone ten rounds with someone but luckily he missed his eye as its the one he just had surgery on...he says if anyone asks hes going to tell them I beat him up...he has a wicked sense of humour lol...now just when you think all the lifting and humping of furniture is over...it isn't...our new sofas arrive today at long last which meant we had to spend last night pulling and shoving one of the old sofas into my craft room and the other into a spare room ready for dumping...I asked the woman on the phone who rang to tell me about the delivery what time they would come...no set time would you believe it can be anything from 7am to 7pm...now normally I wouldn't mind but I have spent the last two days indoors and am itching to get out and about even if its just for a coffee or mooch around the shops...oh well at least they are arriving before our holidays as I thought I would have to spend hours on the phone explaining we were on holiday and for them not to deliver while we are away...right now onto my card for today which is using one of the new digis from Crafts and Me...this stunner is by the amazing Hannah Lynn...isn't she so beautiful...her name is Kyra and I coloured her with distress inks...I have no idea what make this fantastic paper is as it came from my scrap stash but I had to use it the colours are just perfect for her don't you think...I finished with a couple of strip of wired ribbon and a fabulous butterfly charm...I love this charm don't you, it came from a local shop, I must get some of their charms for a candy I think as they are fabulous...the sketch is from Sketch N Stash challenge...well I better find something to do to pass the time today...I might start some door painting upstairs...I wont start downstairs as cream streaks on new sofas isn't a good look is it lol...whatever your up to today I hope you manage to get out and about
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
flowers - tea dye, crushed olive
snake - crushed olive
top, tail and fin - tea dye

31 comments:

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card, as always :o)
Jackie xx

Irene said...

Love the paisly paper and your colouring and butterfly match perfectly as always!!
Luckily Dad didn't ruin the surgery..wouldn't that have been horrible!!!
I'm sure you'll find something to do while waiting for the new sofa and maybe the'll arrive early so you can still do some smooching LOL!!

xx Irene

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Mina, fab beautiful image.
luv
Debby

Adriana said...

Love that butterfly charm too! It is the perfect match with image. Amazing beautiful card!

Chrissy said...

Oh! She is lovely Mina...gorgeous colouring and just love the papers, fabulous colours.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Squirrel x said...

Beautiful card Mina, as always! Ouch, hope dad is feeling better soon. As for the sofa, don't get me started on 12 hour delivery "slots", phah!! xxx

Sue said...

Stunning card and image Mina,love the colours.
Oh your poor Dad,lots of cool packs for that.
I hate long day delivery slots too.
Hugs Sue xx

Naomi Johnson said...

beautiful card. Love the papers and that charm is gorgous. Glad your sofas are arriving before your holiday - it seems a common thing not to set a delivery time any more, very frustrating!

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card. Such a pretty image.

Sue said...

Stunning card Mina. I love the image and your colouring is just amazing!

Hugs Sue

KandA said...

Gorgous cardd Mina and such a fab image xx

rachel said...

beautiful card Mina - as always - I hope the sofas are fab when they get there - and I hope its early enough for you to be able to get out! Hugs Rachel x

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous card Mina! I like your coloring of this lovely image and Paisley paper too. hugs, Helena

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, are you all setlles now in your new house? With the new furniture arriving you must start feeling at home now! Love your card, great image and lovely colours. Hugs Frea

Grenouille Greetings said...

Super pretty, Mina! And I loved your "Too old for Skinny Dipping too" So sorry to hear your Dad had a mishap! Hope he isn't hurting too much! Hugs, Lesley

coops said...

so stunning mina,i really love your colouring of this gorgeous image.
fingers crossed for your new sofas arriving and i hope you dads eye is better soon :D

xx coops xx

Mojca said...

Waw love the beuatiful colors and the papers are just stunning. Also love the image and your beautiful coloring. Hugs! Mojca

Kim said...

gorgeous card, love that image!
Kim x

Lisa Lynn said...

Mina,
Your card is gorgeous! Love that paper with your beautifully colored image. Yesterday I went to Cosco and a 90 year old lady fell in the parking lot and gashed her nose, knee, and hand. I waited with her and her daughter until an ambulance arrived. I think her daughter was going to drive her to the hospital to be evaluated but it must have been the day for people to fall. Hope your Dad will alright.

heidy said...

Awh your poor dad Mina!!
Your card is gorgeous as always and hope they come early with your sofa's!!
XXX Heidy

Desire Fourie said...

Mina this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work so well together. Wishing you a fab Wednesday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Grá O'Neill said...

Gorgeous & a fabulous charm :)

Kara Lynne said...

That image is so striking and beautiful with your papers. You sure have a way with colors!

Craftyhugs said...

Wow!! Fab card and the colouring and image is just exquisite!!! I lurrrve this stamp! All the best. Crafty hugs xxx

Chrissie said...

Just beautiful, as always Mina.
I hope we'll get to see photos of the new suite once it's arrived?
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
Chrissie xx

Sue said...

Hi again Mina, just popping back for another look at your gorgeous card and to say thank you for taking part in the Sketch n Stash Challenge

Hugs Sue

XxJULESxX said...

beautiful Mina!!!

XxJULESxX said...

Oh Mina i hope your dad is ok? i remember one time my mum and i went shopping and when we got back my dad was on the floor in the kitchen covered in flour!!!!!, he had fell off a chair with a tin of flour!!!!.
The next day he had bruising very bad.

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely stunning hunni...

Thank you for joining us at Sketch n Stash and Good luck!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Janet - aka stacky said...

I love your card the image is fab and those backing papers look brilliant.
Thank you for joining in the fun with us at sketch n stash good luck x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...