Sunday, September 09, 2012

oh no now I have started...

Good morning everyone are you having a brilliant weekend...well our front garden is done now...we have two smallish circular planting areas in a sea of pea gravel but they were just crammed with weeds so had to be tidied they were doing my head in every time I walked up the path to the front door...so we all trooped off to the garden centre yesterday (even my Dad came) and I bought some lush soft blue grasses, beautiful but they only had two left, I also bought some red grasses and lavenders...so we took a circle each (I got the smallest one thank goodness) weeded and planted and they are looking a little bare still but so pretty with all the colours and they match the house beautifully, the trim of the house is blue and the door is deep red wood and the lilac/purple will add a bit more colour...I should have taken a before photo shouldn't I but oops I forgot...I will take some photos now though although they would probably be better in a couple of months with the extra growth...I discovered I don't like wood lice at all uuuurrrrggghhhh...I was weeding a bit and felt a tickle on my hand, looking down there was about ten of them on my hand...one yell and a lot of shuddering later I was free of them but they did give me the judders...I will fish out the tags of the plants if anyone wants to know the name of the blue grass, the reddish ones are Cordilyns (sorry not sure of the spelling) and the Lavender is English lavender...right enough babbling about the garden Mina...did you all enjoy the hop yesterday? there's still loads of time to join in if you fancy winning some goodies, I seem to be on a Christmas roll now though...how cute is this gorgeous Mo's Digital Pencil sweetie...this is the fabulous Santa Kai, don't you just love his little jim jams poking out the bottom of his Santa coat...I coloured him with distress inks and paper pieced his suit, hat and the gift bow. I love paper piecing, I think its all that cutting out...doesn't it look like I spent ages putting this card together but most is one sheet of paper and is a ready made layout from the fantastic My Mind's Eye - All is Bright 6x6 Pad I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, there's a few of these layouts in the pad and they work fantastically for cards as well as scrapbook all I needed to add was the tag (cut from the same pad) and a ribbon...I will have to buy more of these. I'm entering this for the Crafty Catz weekly challenge, Stampin' for the weekend challenge and the Paper Crafting Journey challenge too...I'm having a crafting day today I feel the need to colour and cut to my hearts content, well that's the plan anyway...whatever your up to today watch out for those wood lice they are sneaky things lol
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
shading - pumice stone
jim jams - tumbled glass, fired brick
gift - antique linen

24 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Mina I just love this. So beautifully designed. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Sharon said...

Beautiful card Mina. So enjoy reading your tales about the house. Would love to see more pics. Hugs Sharon

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Mina. The image is so sweet and I love the colours and the layout

I hope you have a good Sunday
Hugs Sue

Irene said...

This is soooooooooo cute, love the image and the sketch and papers are just super Mina!

xx Irene

Olesia said...

Really, the Christmas season has begun!! Fabulous card, Mina!

xx
Olesia
http://ordeko.blogspot.com

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card.

My'scardcorner said...

Pretty card Mina and know what you mean about the garden bet it looks much improved now.
Myrax

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card .
Gr, Elly

tilly said...

this is another stunning image from Mo..... beautifully coloured and so pretty.
Garden sounding good
Tilly

Sue said...

Oh I love this image,love the paper piecing.Gorgeous card.
Hugs Sue xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovin Kai's wonderful dotty costume and the parcel ribbon too. Wonderful paper choices, Mina, and your tag is lovely too. Hugs, Lesley

coops said...

so stunning mina.i love the adorable image and fab paper piecing :D

xx coops xx

Sonia said...

Absolutely sweet est image I saw for Christmas:)
Wonderful card dear Mina:)
Happy Sunday:)
Sonia

Rebecca said...

Hi Mina I love your card with the cute image!!
Love From Rebecca xx

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely adorable, Mina! The image is so cute and you've showcased him wonderfully!

Renee B. said...

Awe Mina, Kai is adorable! Love the paper piecing! Be sure to post pictures of your garden...would love to see it! (I'm a gardening fanatic)
Hugs, Renee

rachel said...

so glad you've had the chance to tackle some of your garden - weeds are omnipresent in my garden - but I've come to like some of them! Beautiful card! Hugs Rachel x

mags said...

A lovely card Mina. The image is so sweet and love the papers and layout.
Mags
x

Irene said...

fabulous card, love it xx

Mojca said...

Waw a great image and such great layout. Hugs! Mojca

Tanya said...

I love this card Mina! It's so pretty, the little tag is gorgeous :) I love the image and colour scheme too!

Your flower patches sound gorgeous, looking forward to seeing the photos :)

Tags xx

Turtle In The Sand said...

Kai is precious and I love the gift and tag too.

Janette said...

Oh Mina this is so sweet, gorgeous card.xx

caroline said...

great card as always mina
caroline x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...