Tuesday, September 11, 2012

too old for skinny dipping...

Good morning everyone, are you all well and having a good week...if not have a moan it will do you the world of good or even better have a rant its even better for the soul...we will all listen to you...I was sitting crafting yesterday morning and my mind was going through what I was taking on holidays (I'm a woman I can multitask lol) when it dawned on me I hadn't seen the bag I put all my swimsuits and sarongs and cover up into ready to put my hand on...well I searched and searched and came up with nothing, there isn't any bags left to empty and I looked in all the cases, so as soon as Phil came in I pounced, had he put the bag away somewhere...we all remember the incident with the handbag that disappeared and it turned up in the attic don't we lol, had I looked in my drawers, well duh lol...nope he hadnt seen it anyway but had a search through the attic and everywhere else he could think of...oh well he says just buy another swimsuit...is he mad I ask myself, it took me years to collect swimsuits and cover up that hide the lumpy bits and support the floppy bits you cant just go in mid September and find swimsuits that you need can you...by this time I was ready to cancel everything and stay at home when I heard Phil yell from one of the spare rooms...there's a couple of cupboards we were going to throw away but our beautiful Daughter asked us to keep for her at the last minuet...now I don't know where Phil's brain was that day but he had shoved the bag in one of them (shhhhhh dont tell him but it was probably me lol)...if I hadn't been so relieved I would have asked why but I don't care they are safe and folded ready to pack...phew panic over after all I'm far to old for skinny dipping I don't want to scare any small children lol...right now onto my card for today which is using another little angel from Mo's Digital Pencil, just look at that face isn't he adorable...hes called Just one story (boy) and I coloured him with distress inks and paper pieced his little onesies...the fabulous papers I used are from the My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing - Bluebell 6x6 Pad its from Bunny Zoe's Crafts but I think its out of stock atm...I finished with a lush silk bow, a couple of buttons and a tag...the fab sketch is from the Sunday Sketch and Stamp challenge, Im also entering it for the Sassy Cheryl's digi stamps challenge too...I'm having another crafting day today this time without the mind panic...whatever your up to don't forget have a rant or moan if you need too
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - frayed burlap
book - antique linen, stormy sky
teddy - antique linen, spun sugar
cuff and collar on onsie - stormy sky
shading on onsie - pumice stone

27 comments:

Jackie said...

Wonderful cards since my last visit Mina. I am on a mission to catch up with everyone's blogs now that the Paralympics has finished :o)
Jackie xx

Wendy L said...

Such a swet card Mina. I know what you mean aboout putting things away safe, I think we all do it. xxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. i am sure Phil would have loved you skinny dipping.. but i was panicking just reading the post ... i too would have been in a right state lol.. so glad you found them!
Love this cutie.. i think little boys are so much cuter than girls.. the paper piecing is fab
Lisa x

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Mina.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

Aww love your image Mina,the papers and bow are fab.
Glad you found your holiday gear,well done for thinking of it soon enough lol
Hugs Sue xx

My'scardcorner said...

This is so pretty Mina such a cute image. Glad your cossie turned up
Myrax

Chrissy said...

Awwww, love this Mina, fabulous colouring and such a cute image..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Janette said...

Gorgeous and adorable card Mina, so love the colour combo too.....Glad you found your cossies, what a disaster..lol....xxx

rachel said...

beautiful image and a fabulous card Mina - glad you found those sarongs! xx

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card. Such a sweet image.

Maris said...

whaaa what a story dear Mina, but your never too old fot something ........... hahaha, but your card is sooo lovely xx

Adriana said...

This card is sooo sweet. Love him.

Lau W said...

:-)))
Your card is adorable, so sweet little baby with his bear !
Have a nice day !
xxx

Mojca said...

Oh I just love your posts and hooo so gled you found your bag :))) and I hope you'll enjoy jor holiday now that you are all ready to go. I love your card it is so sweet. Hugs! Mojca

coops said...

aw just gorgeous mina.adorable sweet image and i love your soft colours :D

xx coops xx

arjette said...

Ooohhh that image is so cute, adorable!! What a lovely card you made with it!!

gr. arjette.

Carla S. said...

What an adorable card, Mina! I love the papers and darling image! Wonderful coloring! Glad you found your things!

browneyegurl35 said...

Lovely Mina, Now that would have been a holiday if you had to go skinny dipping. :-)

ang said...

lovely card and funny story, I am always putting things in a safe place, shame I can never remember where it is angxxx

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Andrea said...

Hi Mina
That little boy is sooooo adorable - your card is gorgeous.
I'm so glad you found your swimsuits and stuff - I would have been in major panic over that.
Love, Andrea xx

tanja said...

Your card is adorable, so sweet

Sonia said...

Fabulous image for fabulous card Mina:) beautiful papers too:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Sherri said...

He is so adorable. Your coloring is beyond compare. And your posts always give me a smile or a chuckle! I'm with you. I am WAY too old for skinny dipping! I think once you get past 25 you have way too many lumpy & saggy parts! lol

Kara Lynne said...

To have to buy a swimsuit now would be my nightmare! So glad you found it. What a sweet little boy on your card! I love the papers and how you used the soft yellow.

Dortesjs said...

Such a swet card love the colours and this stamped boy

Unknown said...

Hi Mina - your post did make me laugh.
You're so right about it taking years to collect just the 'right' swimsuits. You did make me chuckle.

Your card is gorgeous too, thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp this week.

Claire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...